Puffy Eyes look oh so ugly on anyone, they can mar your beauty and actually make you look sick and old. They take away the charm and all your efforts to look good go in vain. Eyes are puffed up due to lack of sleep, excessive alcohol consumption, long exposure to heat and light, pre-menstrual fluid retention, oily makeup remover, rich eye creams left on overnight, water retention and crying etc.
Treatments at home:-
* Dip 2 cotton pads into icy cold milk and place over closed eyelids. Relax till the pads warm up. Repeat the process if you want.
* Splash icy cold water on your eyelids. Blot dry and relax with slices of potatoes over closed eyelids. This is extremely beneficial for puffy eyes.
* Saturate cotton pads in hot water (as hot as you can bear) to which a tspn of salt has been added. Place on eyelids to reduce puffiness.
* Green or Black tea chilled and applied on eyelids with cotton pads and left till the pads warm up is great for reducing puffiness.
* Chilled tea bags (used ones) can be placed over eyelids as cold compress for relaxation.
But I do believe that prevention is better than cure. A little effort can save you from having those bags under your eyes.
To prevent puffed eyes:-
* Exercise your eyes to improve circulation as well as vision.
* Avoid salty food as much as you can and also avoid adding extra salt to your food.
* Don't pull, rub and tug your eyes, they are delicate and should he handled with utmost care.
* Choose your cosmetic/skincare products sensibly when buying for eyes or area around eyes.
* Always use a comfortable pillow while sleeping .
* Take regular cold compress because these tend to reduce/avoid local fluid retention around the eyes and aid in circulation.
* Splash your eyes with cool water first thing in the morning after waking up.
* If using a makeup remover on your face/eyes, wash off with a gentle face wash.
Makeup for puffy eyes:-
*Use eye primer and a non oily foundation which is a shade darker than your normal skin-tone.
* Use a medium shadow on your upper lid and line below the lower lash-line with that same medium shadow and extend outwards.
* Now take a darker shadow and line the upper as well as lower lash-line with it and extend outwards and upwards.
* A dash of shimmer shadow around the inner corners of your eyes will create an illusion of a sexy pair of eyes.
* A generous application of mascara especially on the outer upper lashes will further glam up your eyes.
So that's all I have for today, hope you all enjoy reading this. And yes, if I have left out any point or you want to share a tip/trick then please do let me know.