My Lovely Followers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

AVON SIMPLY PRETTY COLOR BLISS LIPSTICK- CHERRY RED- SWATCHES & REVIEW

Cherry Red- Lip Swatch

















Avon Simply Pretty COLOR BLISS LIPSTICKS- SWATCHES & REVIEW


4 gms for INR 125



Company Says:- Get a burst of radiant, blissful color while moisturising your lips! Infused with vitamin E, aloe extracts n jojoba oil to keep lips soft n supple. Contains sunscreen. Provides full coverage. Color lasts for hours.




Ingredients:- Vitamin E, Aloe extracts, jojoba oil


Cherry Red













My Opinion:- Red is a color which has always attracted me. I would always eye red shades in makeup, specially lippies and nail paints. So once again I bought a red lippie when Avon had an incredible offer going, the shade is Cherry Red- love the name. Now coming to my experience with the lippie, the first thing I noticed about it is that its highly pigmented. A single coat was enough for a super sexy red mouth- good that it suits me.



Cherry Red- Hand Swatch
      






















           

                    I applied this lippie a couple of times and was not very happy about its moisturising quality. It feels a little dry on my lips (my lips are dry and chapped in winter) when I apply it on my bare lips but using it over a little lip balm can correct this flaw. It gives full coverage and radiance as the company claims but I cant say anything about the satin finish claim :D




                      Yes the colors lasts up to hours and eating/drinking does not ruin it though it stains glasses/mugs. I didn't define my lips with a lip liner before applying this lipstick but it didnt feather or bleed- I like this quality in a lipstick. The lippie stays put till I remove it myself. Topping it up with a clear lip gloss gives a classic look which I can die for.






Pros:-


* Highly pigmented

* Doesn't feather/bleed

* Contains sunscreen

* Doesn't dry up my lips

* Super cheap














Cons:-

* Packaging is cheap looking

* Not very moisturising but a little lip balm can correct this flaw.

* Available only through Avon Representatives




          I rate this product 4 out of 5 and I recommend it to all of you. A fabulous red and that too dirt cheap. I am planning to get a few more shades from this line next month :D


14 comments:

LifeThoughtsCamera said...

nice colour..

reviewofbeautyproducts.blogspot.com

beautydiva said...

@Tessa- thanks you so much. Shall get back to you asap :)

beautydiva said...

@SIB- thanks alot dear :)

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …

Unknown said...

dat red looks hot on u..!!

beautydiva said...

Thank you so much Bhumika :D :D

Anonymous said...

О! What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say.

Anonymous said...

Assalamalaikum "BD"!;P
The color looks so nice, I'm medium complexioned, not sure if it will suit me!Thanks for sharing!

Uzma

beautydiva said...

WA, BD sounds cool :D Hey Uzma I believe this color will suit most indian skintones. Go for it dear... If not then we will see ;)

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel

beautydiva said...

thanks a lot Daniel..welcome to my blog and do keep visiting. I dont know french thats why this delay in replying:)

beautydiva said...

thanks alot anonymous. i am honored that you stopped by. keep coming back:)

mermaidbidisha said...

the color looks sexy :)

beautydiva said...

@mermaidbidisha- yep it really does looks very sexy :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...