My Lovely Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

ORIFLAME NATURE HAND & NAIL CREAM WITH NOURISHING COCONUT & RICEMILK- REVIEW


ENTER BEAUTYDIVA INDIA'S 2nd BLOG ANNIVERSARY HERE



















75 ml for INR 169

Company Says: - Use hand cream daily for soft, smooth hands and to help protect hands and nails throughout the day.

Ingredients: - Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl, Stearate SE, Stearyl Alcohol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Polysorbate 20, Parfum, Ceteareth-20, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera, Commiphora Myrrha, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Isopropyl Myristate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Sine Adipe Lac, Trdeceth-9, Coumarin, Oryza Sativa Bran Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbic Acid






























Cocos Nucifera- is our common coconut and it is used in the formulation of moisturisers & body butters as it gets readily absorbed into the skin. It is highly nourishing and conditioning.

Oryza Sativa Bran Extract- is actually Rice bran extract and is used in cosmetic formulations for its skin conditioning and skin protecting properties.

Coumarin- is a white solid crystalline chemical substance with a sweet odour similar to vanilla, sweet & nutty, when diluted it smells like freshly cut hay. The substance naturally occurs in tonka beans, sweet clover, strawberries, cherries, bison grass, woodruff and apricots. In cosmetics it is used in the formulation of after-shave lotion, bath products, cleansing products, moisturizers and various skin care products. It is used in place of vanilla in many a food products.

Commiphora Myrrha- is a natural aromatic gum. It is said to be a tonic with rejuvenating properties. It has medicinal properties and its widely used in the treatment and prevention of gum diseases. Also it is used as an Analgesic for toothaches.

Sine Adipe Lac- is also known as Milch, nonfat dry milk & getrocknet. It is used in cosmetic formulations as an antistatic and skin conditioning agent.






























My Opinion: - During the peak summer months, I kept using my body lotion on my hands as well. But now that fall is here, I have reverted back to using proper hand creams. Oriflame has a wide range of hand creams and I have used their Handcare Nourishing Hand Cream for Dry Hands and liked it a lot. So next I wanted to use their Nature Hand and Nail Cream with Nourishing Coconut & Ricemilk. I have been using it during days some quite sometimes now. So here are my views on this hand cream.  The packaging of this product is a white plastic tube with a screw-on cap and there is no fear of mess if you throw it into your handbag for touch-ups. Nothing special about the packaging, it’s very basic.
























                          The fragrance of this hand cream is similar to freshly made Coconut Ladoos/Barfis (yummmm…); I simply love its aroma. This white hand cream is something between a lotion and a cream, it’s not runny though. Its light weight in consistency and very smooth and creamy in texture. Even though it is light weight it gives enough moisturization to my hands all throughout the day though I need to reapply it after 3-4 hours (in Air-conditioned environment). This cream is not waterproof or water-resistant. It washes off with plain water. Just a blob is more than enough for both my hands, so I can say that a little goes a long way.



This much is enough for both hands

























                            I apply this hand cream only during the daytime, after my bath and maybe twice or thrice thereafter. This cream is good for all seasons (except winters) to be used during the day as it is light weight and non greasy. It gets spread on my hands very easily and also gets absorbed into my skin easily and quickly without much massaging. It has soften my dry rough cuticles and my skin looks hydrated and well cared for after regular use of this product. Nothing dramatic or magical has happened to my hands but they are well moisturised and softer right now. I also use a heavier hand cream during the night along with nail serum etc. This tube contains 75 ml of cream which is very less taking into consideration that I have to use is atleast thrice a day. It’s getting used up pretty fast and I have started looking for another  hand cream for the daytime.


Pros: -


* Fragrance is yummy like coconut ladoos & barfis

* Affordable at Rs 169 and its mostly on sale (this month Oriflame is giving it out at Rs 149)

* Light-weight and non-greasy, hence perfect for day

* Skin absorbs it quickly and easily without any such rubbing/massaging

* No sticky feeling so I can right away touch my mobile phone or work on my lappy

* Its size makes it convenient to throw it into my handbag for later use


Cons: -



* Not waterproof/water-resistant

* Needs to be applied after 4 hours

* It’s going to get used up in over a month’s time I think

* Available only through Oriflame beauty consultants

* A flip-open cap would have been better

* Contains Parabens


I rate this Oriflame Nature Hand and Nail Cream with Nourishing Coconut & Ricemilk 4 out of 5. It’s nothing special but it’s cheap and it does its job well. Must try product for Oriflame loyals and hand product fanatics. I would repurchase only if Oriflame introduces a jumbo pack of this hand cream or maybe I would buy one when I get bored of my other hand creams.


Hope you enjoyed this review, please do share your experiences with us about hand creams you are using right now. Thank you and do have a rocking time.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...