My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

MAYBELLINE VIVID & SMOOTH LINER BY EYESTUDIO (PINK PEARL & WHITE PEARL)- SWATCHES & REVIEW




















1 gms for INR 200


Company Says:- Vivid color and Smooth Application ensure that eyes will never be dull again
So easy to apply, you can now be your own make up artist!


Available in 12 stunning shades to match your every mood

Bordeaux Pearl
Violet Pearl
Olive
Pink Pearl
Lavender Pearl
Gold
Metallic Silver
Peacock Green
Forest Green
Ocean Blue
Ice Blue
White Pearl


















Ingredients:- Not Listed


My Opinion: - Eye liner pencils are an easy and quick way to perk up your look. I love to use colored pencil liners to add zing to my eyes and pick me up. I love to play with a multitude of colors and hence I bought a pink and a white eye liner pencil from Maybelline. These pencils are made of plastic and I would call them eye crayons. They are slim pencils with transparent plastic caps; also the color of the shade is denoted at the back of each pencil. They are easy to sharpen and easier to carry around.






























                           The eye liner pencils are creamy and I always fear that the tips might break but that has never happened till date. Because of this creaminess and softness, the tips don’t come out very pointed after sharpening. They glide on my eye lids very well without pulling or tugging. The pigmentation is not very good but it’s not bad either. I bought the white pencil solely for my waterline but it cannot be used there without sticking to my lower lashes and gives a gross look. So I use it as base for my eye makeup and the shadows come out more vivid and stay on for longer durations.

NATURAL LIGHT















The white pencil is silvery with very finely milled multi shimmer and the pink pencil is also infused with finely milled shimmer. I love both shades and use them as eye shadow or eye shadow base as well. These pencils last for about 5 hours in an air-conditioned environment and after that it starts fading off but does not leave my eyes stark naked. The pencils do not smudge and crease, they stay on even during the summers (sweating). Therefore I would like to call them waterproof as well as water-resistant. I never went ahead with other shades from this line of eye pencils. But they are decent enough to be used as eye shadow base.


WITH FLASH














Pros: -

Creamy and soft eye pencils

Does not smudge or crease

Does not tug or pull my eye lids

Easily available and affordable too


Cons: -

Difficult to sharpen

 The tips might break sometimes as the pencils are very soft and creamy

Names of shade is not mentioned on the pencils


ARTIFICIAL LIGHT















               I rate Maybelline Vivid and Smooth Liner By Eyestudio 3.75 out of 5. The ingredients are not listed and also the shade names are not mentioned on the pencils and this fact puts me off. Overall they are okayish eye pencils with decent pigmentation. I would not recommend this product as you can buy better eye pencils (Faces) for nearly the same amount of money.



Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with Eye Pencils. Thank you and have a nice time :)

6 comments:

ridsj said...

i hv these n i absolutely luv d way it glides on my eyelids

beautydiva said...

@riddhi- good to hear this from you. I never tried other shades from this range. Maybe the blues & greens are better. Thank you :)

All.things.pretty said...

i had a green eye pencil from this range. It was pretty good. But again, sharpening it was a problem.

beautydiva said...

@all things pretty- i heard that the blues and greens are good enough, but still i never went for these again. thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@all things pretty- i heard that the blues and greens are good enough, but still i never went for these again. thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@all things pretty- i heard that the blues and greens are good enough, but still i never went for these again. thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...