My Lovely Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

LAKME nine to five DUAL-ACTION MAKEUP REMOVER- REVIEW

ENTER BEAUTYDIVA INDIA'S 2nd BLOG ANNIVERSARY HERE





























120 ml for INR 295

Removes all kinds of lip, eye and face makeup

Company Says: - This twin-phase makeup remover has a unique formulation that gently but thoroughly removes all kinds of makeup including long wearing makeup.
             Shake well.
            
              Saturate cotton pad and gently sweep over closed eyelids, lips and face area.
            
               Rinse with cool water

Important: Cap tightly after use to prevent evaporation































Ingredients: - Aqua, Clycomethicone, Isohexadecane, D-Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate














My Opinion: - We all know the need of a makeup remover. My first one was from Oriflame and then I used Avon followed by Lakme. But in winters it’s only the Revlon Eye & Lip Makeup Remover that I use and it’s effective as well.  Today I am going to put forward my views on the Lakme nine to five Dual-Action Makeup Remover which I have been using on a daily basis for nearly 3 months and now it’s about to get over. I am not satisfied with the packaging as it does not come sealed properly. This makeup remover comes in a transparent pink plastic bottle till a spray dispenser. The lid is also similar pink see through plastic and its shuts tight enough to be travel friendly/spill-proof.































Coming to the fragrance, it a mild floral scent. Nothing special or overwhelming. This twin phased makeup remover is watery on the lower half of the bottle and oily on the upper half of the bottle. It needs to be shaken up well before use and then it becomes a milky whitish viscous liquid. I spray it onto a cotton pad and swipe it over my eyes and all the eye make can be seen diluted. It removes waterproof mascara, eyeliner and kajal with elan. Then again I take one more cotton pad and spray some remover and wipe off my lips, not even a slight tint of lipstick is left behind. For the face I don’t regularly use foundations so I just skip using the remover on my entire face. But when I do use a foundation (tinted/longwear/waterproof), I use this remover to clean up the makeup and it works absolutely well.

















The company instructs us to wash off with cool water after using this remover but my face remains quite oily when I wash off with plain water. So here I feel the need to use a good face wash to remove any traces of oil left on my face. It’s not mentioned that its oil free and therefore a little oil staying back on my skin is not a problem. This remover is very gentle on my skin and hence I use it on a daily basis. One big advantage of this makeup remover is that only one product works for lips, eyes and entire face so another product to remove facial makeup is not required. Regular use of this product did not break me out and its very mild and gentle for my skin.




























Pros: -

* Easily available

* Affordable Rs 295, since 120 ml lasts me nearly 3 months of regular use

*Gentle on my skin, I am using it on a daily basis

* Very mild makeup remover, didn’t break me out

*Very effective in removing all types of foundations, blushers, waterproof mascara/eyeliner, lipstick/gloss etc.

* Does not sting if it goes into my eyes



THE TEST





















Cons: -

* Needs washing off with a face wash to remove that slippery/oily feeling on my skin

* The bottle does not comes sealed, shame shame


AFTER ONE SWIPE WITH COTTON PAD














AFTER TWO SWIPES

















THE COTTON PAD SPRAYED WITH MAKEUP REMOVER
















THE SOILED COTTON PAD AFTER TWO SWIPES


























         I rate this Lakme nine to five Dual-Action Makeup Remover 4.5 out of 5. This remover does it job properly and I don’t have any complaints against it. A decent product for daily use which is gentle on my skin. But one problem is that it isn’t oil-free and needs washing off with a face wash. Recommended to all makeup users, it’s a must try if you use eye makeup on a regular basis.




        Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with  Makeup Removers. Thank you and have a great day

8 comments:

Makeup And Fashion Freak said...

i have kind of a love & hate relationship wid this 1 :)
http://makeupandfashionfreak.blogspot.in/2012/09/mint-obsession-bday-surprise.html

Rads said...

It does a pretty decent job of removing makeup, doesn't it? Even I wash off biphase makeup removers..well any makeup remover that I use..somehow I don't feel just water will work for me :D

beautydiva said...

@sheetal ag- welcome to BDI, ohh.. i would love to read your review of this product. Thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@rads- completely agree with you on this . i always wash off with a mild face wash. thank you :)

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said...

Lakme has come up with good makeup products ..... will try this for sure :-)
shrutirasoi

Today's Recipe
My First Giveaway

ridsj said...

I use dis one currently on my entire face.. it does the job juss fine ... jus wipe the entire face with dis and den wash off with mild facial cleanser

beautydiva said...

@shruti- Lakme has some really awesome products. Try this remover you wont regret but only if you wear makeup regularly. Thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@riddhi- yes.. This one works well for me too. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...