My Lovely Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

LAKME BLACK SATIN KAJAL- SWATCHES & REVIEW



























1 stick for INR 150


Lakme Says:- Jet black kajal for the blackest black delivery in just one stroke. Draw a sharp, intense line or smudge for a smoky finish. The easy-to-use pencil glides on super soft and smooth, with a glossy finish only satin can provide! Create bold and beautiful eyes with this water resistant formula that keeps color and shine in place without spreading.



Ingredients:- Not Listed




























My Opinion:- I am in love with kajals, therefore I keep on experimenting with various brands. This is one product I can't live without. On a regular basis I apply a tinted moisturiser, compact, kajal and tinted lip balm and I am good to go. Applying kajal is also a habit now. This time I will give my views on my long forgotten Lakme Satin Black Kajal, which claims to be waterproof, smudge proof.
































                       The best part about Lakme Satin Black Kajal is its pretty packaging, I love the golden floral-vine-y design over the black background. The kajal is a very intense black which all kajal users can die for. It is very creamy as well and hence glides on very smoothly. It doesn't tug or pull the eyelid and gives a clean and controlled line on the upper lid as well as on the lower lid. I have sensitive eyes so I am a bit skeptical in using any new kajal on my waterline but when I tried this kajal on, I was happy with the results. But one problem I faced with this kajal was it smudged on my skin like any regular kajal. No matter how much effort I made to keep my eye area oil-free, it still smudged :(











                       Well some of my fellow bloggers were so happy that this kajal didn't smudged on them and stayed in place all day long. But this was not the case with me. My experience with its staying power was also not good enough as the kajal slid from my waterline to my lower lid in an hour or so. On the upper lid also it never stayed for not more than 2 hours with smudging. Also it got collected at the inner corners of my eyes, that's so embarrassing :( But of course it stayed a little longer on primed lids but not a vast difference in the staying power and smudging.




Pros:


* Affordable and Easily Affordable

* Very intense black

* Packaging is damn pretty, black & gold designs

* No camphor/any kind of strong smell




Cons:


* Smudges on me, maybe because I have oily skin/lids

* Staying power not satisfactory taking into consideration the big claims made by the company.




                     I rate Lakme Satin Black Kajal 3.75 out of 5. No I will never repurchase it, it has been sitting unattended since more than 6-7 months now. It's an average Lakme product, not so good but not bad either. This is my personal opinion, so please read other reviews before deciding on this Kajal.



8 comments:

Nivedita said...

Its smudges a lot on me too

Anonymous said...

I hav always hated lakme kajals they smudge way to much

http://sugarluck-allabouttheworld.blogspot.com/

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- yup, i dont use it anymore

beautydiva said...

@shugra- nothing special in it except the packaging and also I forgot to mention that theres nothing satiny about it :P

Karishma said...

i think this is the first kajal girls start using. i remember me and so many of my friends using this in school. :) . they have increased the price alot though.
Nice review

beautydiva said...

@ginger- thanks dear. Me too used lakme kajal back in school- was my first :)

Pandora`s Box said...

nice review. I have your problem i.e. oily eyelids. I was forever searching for a good smudge proof kajal. I have found a perfect one called hashmi kajal. It comes in a thick stick but doesn't go blunt after several uses. If you can find it in India give it a try. I`m loving it.

beautydiva said...

@pandorasbox- thanks dear, i will try to get hold of this hashmi kajal. have heard lots about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...