My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

LAKME GLIDE ON EYE PENCILS- SWATCHES & REVIEW

LAKME GLIDE ON EYE PENCILS- SWATCHES & REVIEW
1 Pencil for INR 275 (maybe :P)


Company Says:- Crushed gemstones sprinkled with the brilliance of precious metals.
For eyes that reflect the stars.


Available in 7 shades:-
Aqua Green
Iridescent Blue
Metallic Black
Peacock Green
Plush Purple
Smoky Green
Warm Copper

My Opinion:- Eye pencils can give a pop to the eyes in no time. A dash of color can liven up tired eyes. I love experimenting with brands and colors and I have accumulated a lot of pencils since the last 2 years. Today I am going to put forward my views on Lakme Glide On Eye Pencils, and the 2 shades I have with me are Aqua Green which is a beautiful bejeweled shade of bright teal and Smoky Green/Henna Gold which is a dark shade of forest green with gold undertones. Aqua Green is very pigment but the Smoky Green/Henna Gold is comparatively less pigmented and doesn't show up on my skin properly without a base/primer.

                     Lakme Glide On Eyeliner Pencils are very creamy and hence the tip is susceptible to breakage if not properly capped. So it needs to be capped cautiously. But sharpening the pencils is very easy and the tip don't break inside the sharpener. Also the tip comes out pointed and so drawing a fine is no problem. Since these are very creamy pencils, they dont tug or pull the eyelid while lining.

                     I use the pencils to line my upper/lower lashlines and waterline without any irritation or itching or burning sensation. I have sensitive as well as watery eyes but I didn't face any problem with the quality of these pencils. I use Glide On pencil to line my eyes and also as shadow on my lids. And I have always been happy with the results.

                   These pencils come with incredible lasting power. Once set they don't smudge, crease or budge from their place. Though they tend to fade slightly after 6-7 hours but they don't disappear completely. They don't melt with sweating or drenching as well. When used as shadow they don't crease and stays true till long hours. They stay put till I myself remove them with an eye makeup remover, face washes simply don't work on them.

                   I love the sleek packaging of the pencils and the transparent cap makes it easy to choose the wanted color. A very important thing about these pencils is that they set in very soon so you need to work fast on it to smudge it, can be a little tricky for slower girls. I have been using these for more than one and a half years now and I am totally in love with these pencils.

Pros:-
Very well pigmented
Creamy so doesn't tug or pull the eyelids
Needs sharpening, so its hygienic
After sharpening the tips comes out very pointed so its easy to draw a fine line
Affordable
Available in 7 stunning shades

Cons:-
Very creamy so tips break if not capped/uncapped with caution

                      I rate this product 4.75 out of 5. I will purchase the black and purple next, actually I am planning since long but don't know whats holding me :P

2 comments:

Gauri said...

Could you do an article specifically about bronzers?? MAC is a bit expensive, any recommendations for any cheaper products??

And thank you for this article :D

beautydiva said...

@gauri- surely i will post about bronzers in details. Thanks dear :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...