My Lovely Followers

Friday, December 9, 2011

MAYBELLINE MOISTURE EXTREME LIPSTICK- 936 HONEY GINGER- SWATCHES & REVIEW


4 gms for INR 220

Company Says:-
* Sumptuous satin lipcolor with built-in lip balm
* All-day, deep-down moisture nourishment
* Anti-chap ingredients repair and protect lips
* Contains Vitamins C, E and Jojoba

Ingredients:- Diisopropyl, Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2, Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Cera Microcrystallina/Microcrystalline Wax, Butyrospermum, Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Allantoin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, C12-16 Alcohols, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Synthetic Flourphlogopite, Silica Dimethyl Sililate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methcrylate, Tin Oxide, Aluminium Hydroxide, Sodium Chondroitin Sulphate, Atelocollagen, Dimethicone
May Contain: Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 12085/Red 36, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine

My Opinion:-
I am not much of a lipstick person, tinted balms and glosses are good enough for me. But once in a while, I too buy lippies in nude shades if I happen to love the color. This Maybelline Moisture Extreme lippie in Honey Ginger was sitting unattended since maybe a year in my dresser. While cleaning/organising my stuff I came across this lippie and here I am reviewing it for you all.

The red sleek packaging is very attractive and eye catching, I love it. The red tube is made of sturdy plastic and a couple of falls in my case didn't damage the lippie or the tube itself. The lid clicks shut tight and opens with a little pull. The packaging is very much purse-friendly and can be thrown into the purse and forgotten.

The fragrance is so mild that my nose couldn't pick it. The color is so pretty, a classy nude brown. I love this shade so much that I have started using it at most times nowadays. It a perfect brownish nude for fair to wheatish skintones but its definitely a big no no from the dusky beauties. It gives a glossy effect and makes my mouth look fuller and amplified. Though I sometimes top it with my Oriflame Powershine Lip Gloss in and its good enough to be worn in a day time party.

The texture of this lipstick is very creamy. But then this creamy-ness didn't make it melt in my purse during this hot season also. It glides on effortlessly on my lips and just 2 swipes are enough for full opacity. This lipstick is very pigmented and gives the lips a glossy effect. The best part is that it comes without shimmer, atleast my shade has no glitter/shimmer in it. Its highly moisturising and its rightly named 'Moisture Extreme'.

Now coming to the staying power, it stays on for around 3 hours and goes through tea/juice or light snacks. But it does need a touch up after a full meal. Also this lippie has the tendency to bleed out of the lip line. Wearing foundation/concealer or a good quality lip base along with light dusting of translucent powder around the mouth can fix the bleeding problem. Also it a must to line lips with a matching color lip liner when wearing this lipstick because when it fades the lip liner will be visible. Ofcourse it fades evenly and doesn't disappear totally. A sexy tint is left behind and my lips are not left stark naked.

Pros:-

* Stayed on for 4.5 hours through 2 glasses of juice otherwise stays on for 3 hours max
* Fades off evenly, leaves a slight stain behind
* Beautiful nude shade, great for fair and medium skintones
* Very pigmented, 2 swipes are enough
* Highly moisturising
* Has so many lovely nude shades

Cons:-
* Very moisturising hence it bleeds but a slight dusting of powder around the mouth can solve this problem
* Fungal growth on a certain spot :(

I rate this lippie 4.25 out of 5 as it is extremely moisturising and suits my nearly dry lips. Lovely nude shades makes me go weak on my knees :P ;) and this one was no exception. A must try for nude lovers with fair to medium skintones. But for me one nude lippie from 1 particular range is more than enough, no more buying again =)

12 comments:

Novice Makeup said...

Maybelline lippies are all fantastic... this is a great nude shade... nice pick!

indianmakeupways said...

that looks like an amazing nude shade. I will look out for this

beautydiva said...

@novicemakeup- yes a real classy nude, I love the feel and look it gives to my lips. Thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@anju- looks different on the pan but shows a nude shade on the lips. Do check it and let us know your views if you get hold of it. Thanks :)

Nivedita said...

Hey, I had one and I almost finished it up. But unfortunately these are prone to fungus and that's what ruined it. Had to throw it away. RIP :P

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- thats unfortunate :( But see the ingredients list.....its sooo long, still they couldnt do something to stop fugus :P Anyways nice lippie, I really love it, also I cut out a chunk from the fungus area :D Thanks :)

Pratibha said...

What do you do with so many beauty products????

beautydiva said...

@pratibha- lolzzz.... Use them regularly, throw away when they expire or give away to friends if I happen to get bored with it. Thanks :)

Viva said...

I love These lippies... this looks like a nice nude.... I love desert bloom for the nude look for me!
I have many Moisture extreme lippies but I have never faced the fungus problem.... now I take extra care and always clean my lippie after usage. Also store them in a fridge :P


I have often read ur blog.... its very well written!

Following u too! :)

beautydiva said...

@viva- me too keeps it in fridge nowadays :D I have slashed off that particular fungus spot and havent seen any new growth. Thank you very much for the following and all the appreciation <3

Anonymous said...

i abs loved dis lippie..but m unable to buy it here in chennai, hv enquired in many malls but they dont have the exact product, any pointers to physical or online stores selling dis product would b highly appreciated..thanks

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- ohhh thats too bad. You can try Urbantouch, medplusbeauty, healthkart, violetbag etc. Hope that helps, thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...