My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

AVON ANEW RETROACTIVE+ NIGHT YOUTH EXTENTING CREAM- SWATCH & REVIEW


30 gms for INR 499

Company Says:- Retroactive's most advanced night moisturizer ever is formulated to purify your skin overnight to help maintain its youthful appearance. It helps repair the first signs of ageing that can turn into deep wrinkles, enlarged pores and blotchiness.

Inspired by award-wining discovery on cell research, this revolutionary cream is developed to proactively fight micro-damage that can lead to the first signs of skin ageing.
* In 2 weeks, begin to reverse fine lines, uneven skin tone, rough texture & visible pores.
* Based on a dermatologist-supervised clinical study.



To Use:- Every evening, smooth over skin in an upward motion. Use alone after cleansing and toning or over any Anew treatment.

Caution:- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. If irritation or rash on skin appears, discontinue use and consult a physician.

Recommended Usage Regimen:
Anew Rectroactive+ 2-in-1 Cleanser --> Anew Rectroactive+ Eye Serum --> Anew Rectroactive+ Youth Extending Day Cream (Morning) --> Anew Rectroactive+ Youth Extending Night Cream (Evening)

Shelf life:- 3 years



Ingredients:- Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-13 Alkylactate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Phytol, PEG-40 Stearate, Steareth-2, Carbomer, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, MethylParaben, Behenyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Disodium EDTA, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 AlkylAcrylate Crosspolymer, Oryzanol, Retinol/Saccharomyces Polypeptide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Benzophenone-4,'Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Andrographolite, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PhosphoricAcid, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Plankton Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Phaeodactylum Tricornutum Extract, Tocopherol, CI 60730, CI 42090

My Opinion:-
Avon is one of my favorite brands, I have a good opinion on most products. So this time I thought of trying a night cream from Avon's Anew Retroactive + Youth Extending Night Cream. This is the much talked about anti-wrinkle range, said to be very effective and all. I am 24 now so I thought that I should start with anti-ageing night cream and see what actually happens, I mean what difference it would make to my skin.

The packaging is classy, sturdy dark green glass bottle, with a screw-on green plastic lid with metallic looking border which is also green. After opening the lid, you will find a transparent thin plastic protective shield. Therefore its very safe to carry along when travelling. This night cream comes boxed. My skin turns combination in winter but otherwise its normally oily. So I choose to use this night cream this winter.

The fragrance is a major put-off, this cream smells like molten plastic, yuck. Though the smell fades off after awhile but still stays on for a long time. The texture is smooth and thin creamy. Only a pea sized blob is required for the face and neck. Its slightly greasy but not too much, perfect in the winters for a combination and dry skin. But till not suit combination skin in summers, will make it oily. But it will work well for dry skin all year round.

Though the company made tall claims, the only thing it did for my skin is that it made my skin radiant and bright. It didn't reduce my pores. But I cannot comment on its anti-wrinkle properties. It did nothing else except even out my skin and brighten it. And of course it gave good amount of moisture to my skin. Its pricey at Rs 499 for 30 gms and nothing special. I think there are better night creams out there for much less.

Pros:-
* Made my skin brighter
* Give enough moisturisation to my skin, gets absorbed very easily
* Very nice packaging, I mean cute looking
* Will work great for dry skin all year round

Cons:-
* The jar is cute but impractical as its difficult to take out cream from the rim
* Pricey, 30 gms for Rs 499
* Tub packaging is unhygeinic, tube would have been better
* Smells like molten plastic
* Tall but false claims, didn't do anything for my visible pores
* Contains Paraben & Carbomer

I rate this night cream 3 out of 5. I don't think its a must try. Its an average Avon product. Now my search begins for a good night cream. Any Suggestions??

7 comments:

indianmakeupways said...

this product seems ok. thanks for the in depth review

beautydiva said...

@anju- Its not a bad cream, never broke me out or irritated my skin. Thank you dear :)

all that i know said...

Beautydiva, in case of cosmetics especially face creams, i think u shud seriously give a thought to the Oriflame range of products. Oriflame gives u pdts according to your age and skin type. When it comes to fragrance, I think Oriflame stands a step above Avon creams. If u need some suggestions, pls let me know. I have been using Oriflame creams for 3 yrs now...

all that i know said...

Beautydiva, in case of cosmetics especially face creams, i think u shud seriously give a thought to the Oriflame range of products. Oriflame gives u pdts according to your age and skin type. When it comes to fragrance, I think Oriflame stands a step above Avon creams. If u need some suggestions, pls let me know. I have been using Oriflame creams for 3 yrs now...

beautydiva said...

@oriflameavon- i have been using oriflame for more than 6 years now. I like some products which I have continued since than. Thanks for your suggestions dear :)

Anonymous said...

Been using Anew since it first came out and i can't do without it, if i go without it for a few months i can see wrinkles forming and my skin is rough.

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- I dont have wrinkles So I cant comment on the wrinkles, also I cant say I agree with you. But its a good product from Avon, I like but sans the molten plastic smell. Thanks for stopping by to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...