My Lovely Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

DOVE DAMAGE THERAPY NOURISHING OIL CARE SHAMPOO- REVIEW


With Fiber Actives and Revolutionary Vita Oils

Vitamin Enriched Nourishment For Hair That's Resilient To Damage

200 ml for INR 123

Company Says:-
Did you know?
Dryness and Dullness are signs of damaged hair leading to hair that's weak and rough to touch. That's why new Dove wit Vita Oils goes deep inside and restores smoothness, softness and shine
Vita Oils System:-
* Revolutionary non greasy formula
* Unique blend with natural Coconut, Almond and Sunflower Oils that are so fine they are rapidly absorbed to deeply nourish and replenish essential vitamins
Next generation nourishment for hair that's strengthened against damage

Directions for Use: Apply to wet hair, lather and rinse. For best results, apply twice and use daily with Dove Nourishing Oil Care.

Ingredients:- Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Dimethiconol and Trideceth-10 and Tea Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Perfume, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Amodimethicone and Cetrimonium Chloride and Trideceth-12, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Mica and Tit , Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Gluconolactone, Trehalose, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulphate, PEG-45M, DMDM, Hydantoin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolnone and Methylisothiazolinone, CI 17200, CI 42090, CI 19140

My Opinion:- Dove has always been my fave brand for shampoos & conditioners. I simply love the trademark Dove fragrance which is very feminine according to me. A week before Diwali I recieved an awesome gift from Indiblogger, it was the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range packed in a plastic pouch with small golden thermocol balls thrown it to resemble the Vita Oil droplets. I was happy to recieve this and immediately started using it as my previous shampoo had nearly finished off.

The packaging is basic nothing special, a sturdy white plastic bottle which is tall and comes with a dull golden flip top lid. The lid clicks shut tightly but at first I was a little skeptical if it is safe for travelling as I am a frequent traveller. The consistency is like lotion not very thick but not watery as well. The shampoo is offwhite loaded with golden shimmer like particles which makes it extremely appealing to the eyes. Coming to the fragrance it has this typical Dove fragrance which I have mentioned earlier.

I have oily scalp which turns normal in the harsh winters with dry ends which are dry round the year. So I thought this shampoo would turn my scalp more oily and do justice to my dry ends, but I was wrong. I always dilute my shampoo with a little water and use it on my wet hair. I used this shampoo alone also to check if its drying but the outcome was good enough and hence I started using it regularly and sometimes daily too. This shampoo did not make my scalp oilier but took good care of my dry ends. Its really very nourishing and the goodness of Vita Oils can be seen on my hair with regular use. Its a mild shampoo appropriate for damaged hair also, it neither irritates my scalp nor does it make it itchy. Its gentle on my scalp and hair and also it cleans my hair very well.

My hair has now become somewhat softer after around 2 months regular use and I still have some shampoo left for a few more uses. This proves that a little goes a long way as this shampoo lathers well. My hair is shiny and softer and less frizzy, also this has made my hair a little manageable than before. The downside of this shampoo is silicon which is said to build up residue with longer periods of expos. And another thing I am not comfortable is the flip top packaging as I have a hunch it might ruin your clothes while travelling so I make it a point to carry it separately inside a small plastic pouch :P See what not I do to keep it by my side as I am loving it.

Pros:-
* Cleans my scalp/hair well
* Make my hair soft, manageable & less frizzy
* Sweet feminine fragrance
* Its gentle on my hair/scalp
* Doesn't irritate or make my scalp itchy
* Affordable and easily available

Cons:-
* Contains SLES, Carbomer & Silicon but most shampoos do as well
* I am a little apprensive about the flip top packaging

I rate this Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo 4.25 out of 5. Right now I am loving this shampoo quite a lot. And I will keep coming back to it. Though I plan not to use it continuously. Its a must try shampoo for all babes with dry & rough hair. Thank you all for reading this post and please do leave behind your lovely comments. Have a great day :)

Product gifted by Dove through Indiblogger

14 comments:

all that i know said...

now thats a gud review. i always wanted to try dove range but i am stuck with my regular brand - oriflame. since they have a lot of different varieties coming up almost every month, i never really got 'fed up' of it. this time may be i shud try dove...

beautydiva said...

@oriflameavon- i love the maracuja hair mask from oriflame, i will stock on it since it is last time shown in catalogue and also on discount. Yes do try this range its sooo good. Thank you :)

indianmakeupways said...

I love this shampoo, it really does a great job

Bhushavali said...

Thanks for the detailed review..
Ending Soon - Fashion Panache Giveaway

Unknown said...

nice review and yup I loved it too :) are btw, what mask are you talking about from oriflame...do a review of that too!!!

beautydiva said...

@Anju- me loves it too. I do plan to keep coming back to it :D Dove has really introduced a great range. Thanks :)

beautydiva said...

@bhushavali- welcome & thank you very much :)

beautydiva said...

@swati- its a really nice shampoo. I think very few people will not like it, poor things :P Yeah sure I will review the Maracuja hair mask and dedicate it to you. Thanks dear :)

ridsj said...

i quite liked dis range...

beautydiva said...

@riddhi- yup me too loves it. Thank you :)

all that i know said...

where will you get the oriflame mask from? from me?????? lol

sumitra said...

Oooh, I love Dove products. Soap, shampoo, body lotion everything. Haven't had the chance to try out this shampoo yet. Will do soon. Your review is very comprehensive. Really liked it!

P.S: I'm doing a Calvin&Hobbes Giveaway on my blog. Do participate!

beautydiva said...

@oriflameavon- lolzzz.... Send a few tubs, I just love it ;)

beautydiva said...

@sumitra- yup me too loves Dove. Hey also try out the exfoliating body wash... man its awesomee. Sure will visit you. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...