My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

AVON NATURAL ROSE & ROSE HIPS FAIRNESS TONER- REVIEW

100 ml for INR 149
                                 
Company Says: - New Naturals Fairness Toner effectively cleanses and tones skin, prepares it for next skin care step. After one application, it instantly refreshes skin with a pleasant feeling. Overtime, it makes skin look whiter, fairer and more even toned, with a natural rosy glow. Contains Rose & Rose Hips Extracts. Rose Hips are known to contain Vitamin C, which is known for its skin whitening properties. Suitable for everyday use. Dermatologically tested.

To Use: - Take desired amount onto cotton pad or hand. Spread all over face. Use daily before moisturizer.

Ingredients: - Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract
Alcohol Content: 11.86%v/v (with 1 % Diethylphthalate)

My Opinion: - I like my toners to be mild but effective, it should not sting plus it should be good enough to control oiliness. In the winters, my skin turns to combination type. So finding a toner which will work for my dry cheeks and oily t zone is a big chore. However, I had purchased Avon’s Natural Rose & Rose Hips Fairness Toner long back when it was being launched along with the face wash, SPF lotion, cream etc.

                   The toner comes in a see through pink plastic bottle with a flip open lid. The lid has a small hole on it to dispense the product, but I have changed the cap with flip open lid with a spray dispenser taken from Jovees Rose Skin Toner. Spraying on the toner seems to work for me more than applying it with a cotton pad. The fragrance of this toner is mild and sweet, very similar to rose water. Girls with sensitive noses will not mind the fragrance as its very light and goes away after applying.

                     I used this toner for 3 months; January, February & March; till I could finish it off. It was very gentle on my skin and it didn’t dry out my dry cheeks, even though I used it twice daily. This toner did not sting and nor did it work on large pores but it worked well to control my oily t zone in the winters. Now this toner comes with claims of fairness but I don’t think a toner can make anyone fair/fairer. But it definitely freshens up the skin and gives a cool and pleasant feel to the skin when applied.

                   This Rose & Rose Hips Toner is milky white and a not very runny liquid. It contains very less Alcohol and the quantity is described in the bottle itself. Also this toner contains Paraben which is a minus point for skin care enthusiast like myself. And the oil controlling capacity is very low, wouldn’t work for me in the summers when my skin is at its oiliest. Another thing we expect toners to do is to tighten pores and make them less visible which this toner failed to do.

Pros: -
·         
  •  Affordable at Rs 149 for 100ml
  •   Didn’t dry out my already dry cheeks
  •  Fragrance is sweet & mild, very similar to pure rose water
  •  Mild enough to use twice a day
  • Gentle on my skin, didn’t sting

Cons: -
·        
  •  Contains Paraben
  •   Will not work for oily skin
  • Fairness claim seems to be a marketing gimmick
  •  Does nothing for my pores

                          I rate this Avon Naturals Rose & Rose Hips Fairness Toner 3.75 out of 5 inspite of the 4 cons because it worked for my skin in the winters so well. I don’t think I will repurchase it as there are better toners out there in the market for the summers. Hope you all enjoyed this post, thank you and do have a great evening :)

2 comments:

Gauri said...

I'm glad I ordered this. Can't wait to receive it..

beautydiva said...

@gauri- great, go ahead use it. You will like it. Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...