My Lovely Followers

Friday, May 18, 2012

DOVE DAMAGE THERAPY -NOURISHING OIL CARE -WEEKLY VITA OILS REPAIR MASK- REVIEW



With Revolutionary Vita Oils
Nourishes Deep Inside And Effectively Repairs For 99% Smoother Hair*
Advance Care & Repair For Beautiful Hair

200 ml for INR 300

Company Says: - Did you know? Dry hair needs more than simple moisture, it also needs essential nutrients that restore smoothness, softness & shine
Contains revolutionary Vita Oils, a unique blend with coconut, almond and sunflower oils, it is rapidly absorbed to deeply nourish & replenish essential nutrients, without leaving greasiness on hair. *Based on lab test, improvement of hair smoothness comparing damaged hair treated with non-conditioning shampoo vs Dove Nourishing Oil Care.
 

How to Use: - As your weekly haircare regime, apply a palmful and massage onto freshly cleansed hair concentrating from the middle to the ends. Leave for at least 3-5 minutes for best results. Rinses out easily.


Ingredients: - Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Perfume, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lactic Acid, Disoduim EDTA, Arginine, TEA-Dodicylbenzenesulfonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Trideceth-5, Hellianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Carbomer, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, CI 17200, CI 19140, CI 42090


My Opinion: - Since I started blogging and reading the wonderful reviews written by my co-bloggers, I have become very conscious about the health and look of my hair. I remember using a hair mask by Oriflame years back and loved it, sorry I don’t remember the name now. I was more than happy to receive this Dove hair mask from Indibloggers.  It comes in a white plastic tub which is kind of triangular in shape, the lid is screw on type and it does not have a protective shield to prevent the mask to come on to the lid if overturned. That makes it difficult to carry along in my travels but otherwise the lid clicks shuts tight and is perfectly travel-friendly. Dipping my fingers in the tub might contaminate the mask so I like tube packaging better.

                     Coming to the fragrance part this hair mask is sweet, mild and very feminine, the trademark Dove fragrance that we all seem to like. The consistency is very thick & creamy like body butter and the texture is soft like butter. This pale yellowish mask should be used once a week and I don’t use it as advised by the company. Well I have tried it as per their directions but I am more comfortable using it my own way. In winters, I take dollops of the hair mask and massage onto my scalp, down the length of my hair until my roots. Then I wrap a hot towel around my head and change for another hot towel as soon as the first towel is cold, I repeat this process as required. But in summers, I tie my hair into a pony tail, ofcoursre after shampooing my hair. Then the apply the mask on the pony tail alone :D I may or may not wrap a hot towel around my head, it depends on my mood, time etc

                    I have used this mask in a couple of ways, after shampooing and conditioning on towel dried hair as the rule says it; secondly after shampooing on towel dried hair without using conditioner and lastly on my wet- towel dried hair without shampooing. But I always follow the deep conditioning treatment with towel therapy. The first and last option works well for me in the winters when my scalp as well as hair is a little dry than normal. And the 2nd option works in summers/hot days.

                     This hair mask deep conditions my hair and makes it soft and shiny. The don’t have to use a serum/detangler or any other potion for that matter as my hair is extremely manageable and smooth after using this mask. This effect stays on for a week at the most and by then it’s time to use the mask again. I fall in love with my hair every week for a couple of days after using this hair mask. I wouldn’t say this is the best mask/treatment I have ever used but certainly it’s one of the best. I am on my 2nd tub now, hope that says it all.


Pros: -

* Suits my hair condition well, hair ends are no more dry after its regular use

* Affordable I would say, Rs 300 for 200 ml which is a good amount of product, not much is needed for a single use so takes about 2-2.5 months to get over

* Makes my hair manageable, soft and shiny and also controls frizz to quite an extent

* Does not make my scalp itchy when I apply it directly on my scalp

* I don’t need to use a serum/detangler after using this hair mask on my hair

* Contains coconut oil, sunflower seed oil & sweet almond oil in the form of vita oils which is very beneficial for the hair


Cons: -

* Contains Paraben

* Slips off my wet palms when it apply it on the length of my hair

* Tube packaging would have been better


                             I rate this Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Weekly Vita Oil Repair Mask 4.5 out of 5. I am on my second tub which is also about to get over now. I recommend this to girls with dry, normal as well as combination hair but girls with oily hair might get to see limpness in a couple of days after use, also might get a greasy scalp if care it not taken to apply below crown.

Hope you all enjoyed reading the review and please do share your experiences with us if you have used or are planning to use this hair mask. Thank you and have a nice day

PRODUCT SENT BY PR/BRAND IN ASSOCIATION WITH INDIBLOGGERS

6 comments:

preethi said...

Hi dear..this is preethi..i have started a new blog..pls follow my blog..i will be happy to follow u back..dont forget to post link of ur blog http://cutepinksandpurples.blogspot.co.uk/

beautydiva said...

@preethi prasad- nice to see another blogger coming up. following you now, thank you :)

Makeup And Fashion Freak said...

nice review.. will try this 1 for sure

Karishma said...

I think this hair mask is fab too!!

beautydiva said...

You will love it for sure, thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@karishma- try it out babe, thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...