My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

LAKME ROSE POWDER With Sunscreen- 01 SOFT PINK- SWATCHES & REVIEW


40 gms for INR 85

Company Says: - It is a foundation makeup in a powder format- gives a flawless radiant look.
Contains rose fragrance to keep you fresh, contains sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays. Gives a flawless radiant look.

Ingredients: - Talc, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Rosa Damascena Extract
May Contain: - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 12085, CI 77891, Phenoxy Ethanol, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben

Available in 2 shades:
01 Soft Pink (For Fair Skin)
02 Warm Pink (For Wheatish to Dusky Skin)

My Opinion: - I have been using this loose powder for nearly 2 years now and I would continue using this for as long as it is available. I was not into loose powders and always used Revlon Touch & Glow Moisturising Compact, which I still love very much. But after seeing this in the counters and hearing about it from a blogger friend, I planned on purchasing it. The rose powder is aptly named as the fragrance of this loose powder is just like fresh roses. The packaging is maroonish-brownish, typical Lakme, sturdy plastic tub and the base is white transparent. On opening the screw on lid, a transparent sifter can be seen with only 5 holes. It is extremely difficult to dispense the powder through those 5 holes and I have to open the sifter to dip my brush in the tub and I am always worried about contamination.
                           
                     A puff/applicator comes along with the loose powder, but it’s of no use as it picks up too much product. Using a brush is the best option with this powder. This powder is light weight and gives sheer to light coverage. So I don’t think the shade color makes much of a difference, though mine is soft rose as I am on the fairer side. This shade is a light pink but gives the look of a translucent powder on application. This rose powder sets foundation very well and gives a matte-smooth look to the face. I opt for this one when I want a shine free and matte look but whenever I need a dewy glow on my face, I opt for Avon Ideal Shade Loose Powder or my other compact powders.

                                Using too much product will give a dry look to your face and it will eventually end up become cakey. So I use a little amount of powder, dip the brush into the powder, tap it and dust over my face. It’s a fine and light weight powder and it’s extremely difficult to control it if the fan is on. It makes a big mess by flying everywhere. But one good thing about this loose powder is that it does not dry out my skin even in the harsh winters. It never broke me out till date nor did it irritate my skin in any way. At Rs 85 for 40 gms is dirt cheap, and takes nearly a year get finished off.  It controls the shine on my oily skin for about 4-5 hours in an air-conditioned environment, but in summers it’s lasting power is 3 ½- 4 hours at the most. What more can I expect from this cheap but good loose powder.
SWATCH IN ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING

Pros: -
Affordability & Availability
Contains a huge amount of product, 40 gms for Rs 85
Controls oil to quite an extent
Lasts for about 4-5 hours in an air-conditioned environment
Gives a smooth & silky look to the skin
Works great as a setting powder
Very sheer & extremely light weight
BLENDED -ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING
Fresh rose fragrance is very refreshing though it’s gone after 30 mins (or maybe less) of application

Cons: -
SPF not described
Dispensing the powder through the sifter is difficult
Only 2 shades available, company should bring out atleast 4-5 shades
Contains lotssssss of Parabens
Gives a matte look so dewy- look lovers please stay away
SWATCHED IN NATURAL LIGHT
Gives sheer to light coverage; girls wanting medium to heavy coverage stay away

                                 I rate this Lakme Rose Powder 4.25 out of 5. I love this product inspite of all the cons, and I shall continue using it till I find a similar product which is so cheap sans the Parabens. The fragrance is a treat for me and I feel refreshed after using it.




BLENDED -NATURAL LIGHT
                        Hope you girls enjoyed reading this review. Please do leave behind your precious comments and also let us know your experience with this product if you have any, we will be delighted to hear from you. Thank you and do have a great day

5 comments:

Gauri said...

I ♥ the powder ^^

beautydiva said...

Ohhh yes Gauri, i love it too :D

Makeup And Fashion Freak said...

nice review :)

beautydiva said...

@butterfly- thank you :)

blu0cean said...

this is how a review should be like. u covered all the things one would like to know. great job and thanks for it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...