My Lovely Followers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

AVON SOLUTIONS a.m. REFINED WHITE DAY CREAM SPF 20/PA++- REVIEW


OLD AS WELL AS NEW PACKAGING
50 gms for INR 390
                     
Company Says: - This protective day moisturizer SPF 20 is developed with an advanced UV Defense Technology. It is formulated to protect skin from UV damage and environment stresses like sun exposure and pollution. Broad spectrum SPF 20 works to shield skin from harmful sun rays while powerful anti-oxidant Vitamin C helps counteract skin-damaging free radicals throughout the day.

To Use: - In the morning, smooth over cleansed face and throat. Apply evenly before sun exposure and as needed. Children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor.

Ingredients: - Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl Salicyclate, Cyclopentasiloxane, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG-8, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium, Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Cetearyl Glucoside, Squalane, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Cholestrol, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Urea, Polysorbate 60, Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Hydrolized Silk, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinefera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract.

Shelf life: - 35 months from the date of packaging

My Opinion: - I have been using this since the onset of the hot days. Before this, I used the Maximum MoistureDay Cream which worked for me well in the winters. So I bought this from my Avon representative and used it daily with good results. The packaging is very basic, a heavy glass jar with a white plastic screw-on lid. There is also another protective transparent plastic lid which prevents the cream to come in contact with the main lid. The fragrance is like hair gel and fades off after few mins of application.

                            It looks like a heavy cream but its light weight and does not make my skin greasy. It gets absorbed into my skin in a few seconds and blends properly as well. It acts as a good base for foundation and makeup. This cream does not give my face a shiny appearance and also it does not make me sweat after application. This day cream contains SPF 20 and PA++ which gives adequate protection when I am indoors. This day cream also contains grape fruit extract ( anti-wrinkle, anti-inflamatory, anti-axidant), Vitamin C, Saxifraga Sarmentosa  and Morus Nigra (both skin conditioners) and Scutellaria Baicalensis (anti-fungal, antioxidative, anti-inflamatory & anti-allergic).

                              This day cream stays on for many hours and does not melt with the sweat, though in an ac environment it behaves very well but it does come off when I use a tissue. It leaves behind a white cast and makes me look like a ghost in photographs. That is the major problem I have faced with this cream. Also it gets transferred on to the cell phone screen if I am not in ac. The packaging being heavy creates problem in carrying it around with me, well that’s only when I carry those clutches with me.

Pros: -
BLENDED IN ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING

  • Suits my oily skin
  • Can’t say about fairness but it adds a glow to my skin
  • Not greasy or heavy on the skin
  • Does not make me sweat after application
  • Gets absorbed well into the skin

Cons: -

  • Leaves a white cast on my skin specially in photographs

BLENDED IN NATURAL LIGHT
                            I rate this Avon Solutions a.m. Refined White Day Cream SPF 20/PA++ 3.75 out of 5. I recommend this to girls with combination to oily skin, but beware of getting photographed while wearing this cream. Also if not blended properly or too much quantity is applied, then also it gives white cast-y look which is not commendable.


          Hope you all enjoyed reading this review and please do leave behind your precious comments if you used this cream or what you think about it. Thank you and do have a great weekend ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well written, a very complete review
Thank u :)

beautydiva said...

@Anonymous- Thank you very much, glad you liked my review.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...