My Lovely Followers

Friday, March 22, 2013

GARNIER LIGHT DAILY MOISTURISER SPF 15- REVIEW




























Fairness + Dark Spots Prevention


40 gms for INR 140


Company Says: -

* Is Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser right for me?

          * Yes, if you need more than just a fairness cream. A moisturiser that not only lightens your skin, but also help prevent dark spots and skin darkening.


























* How is it different?

           * Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser has a multi-targeted action to achieve a fair and radiant look : it smoothes, lightens the skin, protects from UVA & UVB rays, and helps prevent appearance of dark spot.

* How does it work?

            * Its unique formula blends a moisturising cream with selected active ingredients:

Pure Lemon Essence and Vitamin C to clarify and smoothen skin.

Long Dan Extract to help slow down skin darkening.

Glycerin to moisturise and comfort the skin.

UVA & UVB Filters to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun.




























Proven Results in 4 weeks:

Skin is softer, visibly fairer, more even, with reduced spots and has a healthy fair glow.

Garnier Skin Naturals Philosophy:


* Garnier uses wherever possible, active natural ingredients which have been carefully extracted to preserve their quality and purity.

* Products have been dermatologically tested to ensure respect to your skin.

How do I use Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser?

* Apply daily in the morning on perfectly cleansed skin.

* Gently massage into the skin using light circular movements, moving from the centre of your face outwards, and from the base of your neck to the top.

Do not apply to the delicate eye contour area or an irritated skin.



























Active Ingredients in Garnier Light:

Pure Lemon Essence and Vitamin C to clarify and smoothen skin.

Long Dan Extract to help slow down skin darkening.

Glycerin to moisturise and comfort the skin.

Your skin looks naturally lighter and more even. It feels smooth and illuminates with a healthy glow.

























 
Ingredients: - Water Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Cylopentasiloxane, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Triethanolamine, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Salicyclate, Capryloyl Salicyclic Acid, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Lemon Fruit Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Geraniol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Limonene, Linalool, MethylParaben, Mica, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phoosphate, PropylParaben, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Stearic Acid, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulphonic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (B40006/1)

Shelf Life: 3 years from the date of packaging


























My Opinion: - I have already reviewed Garnier Pureactive Neem Face Wash and Garnier Light Eye Roll On and today I am here to review Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser SPF 15. Lets come to the packaging first, this day cream comes in a beautiful yellow plastic jar with a white plastic screw on lid. Upon opening the jar there is no stopper or protective lid to prevent the cream from coming in contact with the lid, it will surely become messy while travelling. So I did not carry it while travelling last week. Also I would prefer a tube packaging over this jar.


























                The fragrance is very mild lemony which disappears a few mintues after application. I would not say the fragrance is great or something but it is bearable. The texture is creamy but not greasy or oily and the consistency is thick. This day cream comes with SPF 15 which is a plus point and I don't need to slather on another product (sunscreen) on my face.
























               I wash my face with Garnier PureActive Neem Face Wash and use a little amount of cream just enough for my face and neck. If I tend to add   more cream to ensure even application on my face and neck then it balls up giving a very untidy/dirty look. It gives a white cast which can be seen very clearly. This cream is easy to spread and sits on my skin, doesn't prenetrate my skin. This cream takes time to seep into my skin.






























               This cream keeps my skin oil free and that it the biggest advantage of this product. In an air-conditioned environment, it keeps my skin shine-free for many hours but in a non air-conditioned environment this cream gives me a shiny look after 2-2 1/2 hours but nothing my Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Compact can't take care of. The very first day I thought the shine is because of greasiness but I was wrong, its just shine and not greasy-ness. Now one big problem is that is leaves a visibly white cast on my skin which vanishes after about 30-45 mins.


























  
               This Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser is truly moisturising but beauties with dry skin please stay away as it is a dry type of cream suitable for "oilies" like me. I do not know how it would behave in the peak of summers. This cream is extremely affordable and I am using for more than a month now but I didn't break out or had any skin problems because of it. This cream will be with me for around 1 more month as a very little is required for each use. It does not acts as a good base as most foundations are a little difficult to blend when using this cream.



























Pros: -


* Affordable and Easily Available

* Comes with SPF 15

* Moisturises my skin

* Very little is required for each application

* Keeps my skin grease-free

* Fragrance is mild lemony which should not irritate sensitive noses as well

* Contains Vitamin C, Long Dan Extract and Glycerin which are all great news for skin



Cons: -


* Balls up if a little more is used than normally required

* Takes time to sink into my skin, sits on top

 Gives artificial whitish look upon application which vanishes with time


* Skin type is not mentioned anywhere, its not for dry/normal skin types

* Contains Parabens (though I am paranoid about Parabens some people hate the very word)



                I rate Garnier Light Daily Moisturiser SPF 15 3.75 out of 5. I will definitely finish off this jar but I will never repurchase it. I request dry skin people to stay away. If you have oily skin and you stay at home mostly than do give it a try. I like Garnier as a brand and I must say I am disappointed with  this daily moisturiser.



             Hope this review was of some help to you, please do share with us your experience with Garnier Light Products. Thank you and have a rocking weekend :D



PRODUCT SENT BY BRAND/PR FOR CONSIDERATION




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...