My Lovely Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

MAYBELLINE DREAM MATTE PRESSED POWDER- CREAM LIGHT 4-5 - REVIEW

























9 gm for INR 475



Company Says: The Dream Matte Pressed Powder comes with special ultra-fine particles formula, which mattifies and leaves an air-soft, ultra-silky texture.  The pressed powder is encased in a stylish compact and comes with a suede touch puff, which smoothes onto the skin evenly for the most beautiful matte perfection!


Available in 4 shades.



Ingredients: - Not Listed




























My Opinion: - Now that I have reviewed Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, I now am reviewing the Dream Matte Pressed Powder. The shade sent to me by the brand/pr is a little lighter than my skin. But it somehow looks good on my skin and not whitish or ghastly. The packaging is very innovative, the top compartment houses the powder and the lower compartment houses a good quality puff and the mirror. The top compartment needs to be pushed gently to the front and the lower compartment opens. It opens and closes with a click sound and therefore it is travel safe/friendly.




























                     This powder is finely milled and pressed thoroughly into the pan. It is non-fragrant and that's a big advantage. The texture of this powder is silky smooth and its very easy to blend in. The puff/applicator given with it is quite good and works well but I personally prefer a powder brush to apply this powder to my skin. I have used it in many ways and in each way it behaved well and looked good. I use it over my sunscreen/moisturiser when I don't want to wear a foundation and it mattifies enough, I use it over foundation and this powder sets it well.




























                       Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder evens out the skin tone to quite an extent. It gives sheer to near medium coverage and does not hide flaws on its own. Girls who want just a little coverage and even complexion can go for this pressed powder. But the ones who need some/good coverage will be highly disappointed. But this pressed powder stays on for long, it keeps my T zone matte for about 4-5 hours in an air-conditioned environment and about 2 hours most in an non air-conditioned environment.





























                            It gives a nice finish to my skin immediately upon application. Does not give whitish cast even when the shade Cream Light 4-5 is lighter than my skin. It gives a polished look and but the word matte is not much of true during hot days. The ingredient list is not given and Rs 475 for a drugstore brand pressed powder which is not very effective is too much I feel. Other than that its a good pressed powder I feel as it didn't irritate my skin in any way.


























Pros:


* Availability

* Finely milled and pressed thoroughly

* Non-fragrant

* Innovative packaging

* Blends like a dream

* Gives a polished look without the cakey-ness

* The puff provided with this pressed powder is very good and works well in emergencies






BLENDED





















Cons:


* Ingredients list is missing

* The powder is not matte but semi-matte

* Not very long lasting

* Price is a bit high for Maybelline





                        I rate Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder 4 out of 5. I like this powder and I recommend it to beauties with normal and combination skin. Overall its a good pressed powder and not matte as claimed but it is semi-matte.




Hope this review helped you in some and do leave behind your sweet comments and also share with us your experience of Pressed Powders. Thank you and have a great Sunday :)




PRODUCT SENT BY BRAND/PR FOR CONSIDERATION

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...