My Lovely Followers

Saturday, March 30, 2013

MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE-CREAMY NATURAL- LIGHT 5- SWATCHES & REVIEW























30 ml for INR 575


Company Says: - The Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation is the first liquid foundation to provide a unique airbrush finish for a flawless complexion and Poreless skin. It has a revolutionary formula that combines a liquid with the air-soft feel of a mousse. The product delivers on three common problems many women encounter: texture correction, tone harmonizing, and luminosity. The new Dream texture provides a smoother, more even and luminous complexion. Dream Liquid Mousse brings skin the great coverage of a liquid foundation with the most comfortable lightweight feel of a mousse.

Available in 6 shades.




































Ingredients: - Aqua/Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Capryl Glycol, Disodium Stearol Glutamate, PEG-9, Aluminum Hydroxide
[+/- May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides] FIL D32376/1

































My Opinion: - I must be last beauty blogger to review this Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. I have used it in many ways and since many many months now. The packaging of this foundation is a thick bottle with a beige plastic pump dispenser. The pump dispenser needs to be turned to the left to unlock and then only it would dispense the product. Hence its travel-friendly and hygienic as I don't have to dip my fingers to take out product. But the bottle is prone to breakage with falls, so needs to be handled with care.





























                 It has no fragrance whatsoever and that it a big advantage for girls with sensitive skin/nose. It is thicker than most liquid foundations and very creamy as well. The texture right away hints on it being air-whipped. I use a sunscreen on my skin and then apply this foundation. It blends like a dream and easily spreads on my skin. I use my fingers to blend in it but foundation/stippling brushes just as fine. Sponges also work well with this foundation but I prefer fingers for the ease of blending.






THE HOLE GETS CLOGGED WITH FOUNDATION





















                

                      This foundation gives a matte look to my skin upon application but becomes dewy after on hour or so and later on it becomes a little greasy. This foundation stays put on for atleast 5-6 hours in an air-conditioned environment without a compact/loose powder but in a non air-conditioned environment is needs to be touched up sooner, say around 3-4 hours. Otherwise it lasts on my skin for a long time, though summer calls for frequent touch ups in a non air-conditioned environment. 




























                          This liquid mousse gives medium coverage which can be built up if required to a high coverage. I don't need to use a concealer on my under circles (mine are light) and I can skip concealer totally if I use this foundie a little more on my blemishes/imperfections, not that I have a problematic skin with lots of spots/flaws/imperfections. It does not oxidise on my oily skin nor does it gives me a cakey look. Photographs well, no white cast since it does not comes with Sun Protection. You can never have everything at once :P































                             This foundie did not break me out or irritate my skin. It actually gives an airbrushed effect to my skin as claimed by the brand. Pores around my nose are gone, they are made invisible by this liquid mousse. It does not settles down into the pores and give that aweful look which we all hate. Does not give my skin a heavily made up look even after layering. My skin looks fresh and alive with tjis foundation on. 




























Pros: -

* Easily Available & Affordable

* I need only 2 pumps for each application, little goes a long way

*Blends well with fingers but I do use a stippling brush at times

* Buildable, can be layered and built up to high coverage

* Gives medium coverage, girls/ladies with minor imperfection need not use a concealer

* Pores are minimized

* Gives my skin Airbrushed look

* Does not oxide on my oily skin

* Does not break me out or irritate my skin







BLENDED


















Cons: -

* Transfers to cell phone screen, collars, necklines, tissues, etc etc

* Needs to be powdered a couple of times throughout the day , well thats ok with me

* The hole on the pump dispenser clogs with dried foundation if I donot use it for a couple of days

* No Sun Protection (I use a sunscreen underneath it)




             I rate Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse 4.75 out of 5 for the airbrushed look it gives my skin. Oilies like me will certainly need powdering couple of times but its totally worth it. Great for normal and dry skin types. A great foundation for my skin and luckily the shade sent by PR/Brand matched me perfectly. Thanks Maybelline for this Baby :D



Hope this review helped you in some way, do leave behind your lovely comments and also share with us your experiences with Maybelline Foundations. Thank you and have a rocking Saturday :)




PRODUCT SENT BY BRAND/PR FOR CONSIDERATION

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Review dear I was planning to get one this but bought Rimmel matte foundi :p

beautydiva said...

@rasa nandini- thank you dear, hows the rimmel one?

kaith said...

I specifically bought it for night parties where flash is used when taking pictures and since there is no spf i thought that there would be no white cast.
but i recently bought it and flash photo tested it, it gave me a white face despite the correct color match. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...