My Lovely Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

ORIFLAME ESSENTIALS BALANCING CREAM- REVIEW

With Vitamin E & Calendula

Oily & Combination Skin

75 ml for INR 349












Company Says: - Balancing Face Cream for oily and combination skin with Vitamin E and Calendula. Apply on cleansed face in the morning and evening. Natural Calendula has astringent and purifying properties. Vitamin E moisturises skin while protecting from the damaging effect of free radicals. For day and night use. Apply on to face and neck in light upward movements.


























Ingredients: - Aqua, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-20 Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Stearyl Acetate, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Oleyl Acetate, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Propylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Sorbitol, Ethylparaben.



























My Opinion: - This cream is hends down my favorite face cream from Oriflame but only during winters and cool pleasant weather. I cannot use it during the summers and I have stopped using this cream as soon as the weather warmed up. This balancing face cream comes in my "All time faves from Oriflame" list. The packaging is a basic light mint green & white plastic tube with soft green Calendulas inscribed on it with a plastic bright green screw on cap. Very hygienic and travel friendly packaging. 
































                The texture of this face cream is very light weight and is in between a light cream and a light lotion. This white cream has a very mild fragrance of Calendula but its quite artificial. I wash and tone my face and then apply a small blob of this cream on my face in dots and spread it with light strokes.It spreads easily and gets absorbed into my skin within 3-4 mins. It instantly gives a healthy glow to my skin, but as time passes on it makes my face shiny. In an air-conditioned environment, my skin is greasy after about 6 1/2- 7 hrs and in a non air-conditioned environment, my skin is greasy after 4- 4 1/2 hrs.




























                  This face cream does not contain sun protection, of course this cream is not a day cream. I rarely apply this face cream alone, I usually top it with a foundation. All types of foundations blend over it very well, therefore I can say it is a good base. Also a very small blob is required for each use and hence a little goes a long way. I have on many occasions used this cream as a night cream with great results. The only problem with this cream is that I can use it only during cool weather. Hence I have stopped using it as of now.


























                  This face cream suits my skin very well. Its working so well for my skin since many years now. This cream has never broken me out and it has not irritated my skin ever. It is so very mild on my break outs. It soothes my skin and gives enough moisturising. I love this cream inspite of its ability to control oiliness and shine. I apply it even during the hot days if my skin feels a little dry/stretched after some scrubbing etc, but that's a rarity. I can always rely on it to make my skin soft and smooth after every use.


























Pros: -



* Gives a soft healthy glow, no matte look here

* Contains Vitamin E & Calendula, both are great for skin

* Works well as a makeup base

* Spreads easily on my skin

* Gets absorbed fast, does not sit on top of my skin

* 75 ml goes a long way since a little is required for each use, hence Rs 349 is affordable

* Fragrance is very mild and goes away after application

* Makes my skin softer and smoother

* Does not break me out and never irritates

* Very mild, light-weight and soothing cream

* My Favorite Face Cream for the cool pleasant weathers

* Great as a night cream





























Cons: -


* Being a balancing cream it does not give much of oil control. I avoid using it in the summers, makes my skin greasy and shiny very soon.


* Available only through Oriflame consultants


* Contains Parabens




                    I rate Oriflame Essentials Balancing Cream 4.5 out of 5. Ok I know I am being partial with the rating here, but I truly love this product. Its basically for combination and normal skin types and oilies like me can use it only during cool weather and not in the summer. Out and out a great cream.



Hope this review helped you in some way. Thank you for reading this review and please do leave behind your experience with Oriflame face creams. Have a great time ahead :)


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe it would work for my skin then ... Nice review

beautydiva said...

@shalini- if your skin is normal/combination you could go ahead and try it. Thank you

Unknown said...

I used to try every cream from oriflame some time ago.. used to enjoy their fragrance and creamy texture.. but now I have stopped using their product.. I dnt have any oriflame member around me.

Unknown said...

Even the most effective creams are not giving oil free finish in chennai now. I was using Lotus alphamoist moisturizer, it was really non greasy till one month back but now that also cant withstand the humidity in Chennai

Niesha said...

Nice review. It seems like a worth trying cream.:)

beautydiva said...

@Shikha S- you are right, oriflame creams are sweet scented and no member near you...ohh not good

beautydiva said...

@Nisha Tiwari- yes thats the problem here too. most oil-free cream/lotions also dont help

beautydiva said...

@Niesha Jeenwal- Thank you dear, do check it out during sales/discounts.

Unknown said...

Nice and useful post :)

beautydiva said...

@rasa nandini- thank you dear :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...