My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ORIFLAME OPTIMALS WHITE FOAMING CLEANSER- REVIEW






Liquorice Extract + Whitening Complex

All Skin Types

200 ml for INR 449


Company Says: - Whitening Foaming Facial Cleanser cleanses and clarifies skin. Contains Liquorice extract to help lighten skin. Massage on wet skin to create a rich lather then rinse off with warm water. Avoid eye area.



























Ingredients: - Aqua, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Glycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Oleate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrasearate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Saxifraga Sarmentosa, Vitis  Vinifera, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Metabisulphate, Sodium Sulfite, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Morus Bombycis, Scutellaria Baicalensis, Benzyl Salicyclate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra.


Vitis Vinifera: is our common grapes and its skin extract, leaf extract and the fruit extract is used for their varied properties in cosmetics. It is mainly used for its skin conditioning and antioxidant properties.

Saxifraga Sarmentosa: is an extract of the herb Strawberry Begonia. It is highly known for its skin conditioning and astringent properties.

Morus Bombycis: is an extract found in mulberries which is often used in cosmetics due to the presence of Arbutin. It controls the production of Melanin thereby naturally lightening the skin. It is also high in antioxidants and has anti-aging properties.


Scutellaria Baicalensis: also known as Baikal Scullcap is a genus of flowering plants of the mint family. Its root is used for medicinal purposes. It is a antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory agent.

Glycyrrhiza Glabra: popularly known as Liquorice is used for its moisturising, emollient, smoothing & soothing properties.



























My Opinion: - I picked this foaming cleanser when it was on discount as I love to experiment with different cleansers. I use foaming cleansers on a daily basis (read mornings & nights). I have been using Oriflame since ages now and I always stock up and use Pure Nature Organic Soothing Face Wash on and off for years.  About two weeks back, I started using it on my face and I must say I am happy with the results. The cleanser comes in a white translucent plastic bottle with a a silver grey screw on plastic cap/lid. The packaging is unique as the shape of the bottle is different from most cleansers I have ever used. Upon opening the lid, the neck of the bottle can be seen. It has a hole from which the cleanser can be dispensed when the bottle is turned upside down. As simple as that that. But inspite of the packaging being mess free, I wouldn't carry a 200 ml bottle when I travel.





























                   The texture of this foaming cleanser is soft creamy and the consistency is that of a thick liquid. The fragrance is similar to medicated oinments/lotions, not the best of scents I guess. But its not strong enough to put me off. I splash water on my face and pour a blob of this cleanser on the palm of my hand and add a few drops of water and foam it gently and then apply it to my wet face & neck. It foams to some extent not too much even though its called a foaming cleanser. The girls/ladies who like too much lather may not like it. It washes off easily with a few splashes of water, doesn't leave behind that slippery feeling or any kind of residue. After washing off the scent does not linger on for long, it goes off till I use toner etc.
























            This foaming cleanser removes my night cream when I use it in the morning and it cleans off makeup when I use in the evenings. It does its job well by removing every trace of makeup (kajal, lipstick, blush etc). It is not able to remove waterproof mascara, but I don't blame it since nowhere is it mentioned that this cleanser removes makeup. It is very gentle on my skin, it cleans off and controls oil. It's a mild cleanser but truly cleanses and clarifies my skin making it bright. It didn't whiten my skin but it definitely gives a glow. Its a good cleanser but keep it away from your eyes, if it gets into your eyes somehow, it stings like hell. The price is on the higher side but Oriflame always has "sales" going on so wait till this foaming cleanser is on discount.



Pros: -

* Very gentle on my skin

* Does not dry out my skin, no stretchy feeling after washing off

* Cleanses (dirt, grime, makeup) & Clarifies as claimed

* A blob is enough for one use, this foaming cleanser will stay with me 2-3 months atleast

* Brightens my skin, gives that fresh clean feel

* Washes off easily, does not leave behind that slippery feeling


Cons: -

* Pricey & Available only through Oriflame Consultants

* Smells like medicine

* Foams moderately, this may be a con for some girls

* Big bottle makes it difficult to carry along while travelling



             I rate Oriflame Optimals White Foaming Cleanser 4.5 out of 5. Its a good cleanser which is working well for me. It recommend it to all beauties who can get hold of Oriflame Consultants and provided this product is on sale/discount.



 Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with Oriflame face washes. Thank you and have a nice time :)

6 comments:

Niesha said...

4.5 for a cleanser.. then its a must try.:)
Finding a cleanser that can actually work well is a task for me.:)

beautydiva said...

@niesha- yes, its one of the best cleansers i have ever used. Try it out & you wont regret. Thank you

Unknown said...

Seems good Cleanser :) Nice Review Dear

beautydiva said...

@rasa nandini- truly a good one, thank you

gsb said...

I never tried oriflame skin care products.. Guess I should check these out :)
Nice Review :)

beautydiva said...

@apoorva idiva- go ahead girl, some are very good while a few are mediocre. thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...