My Lovely Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

FABINDIA FRUITY VANILLA LIP BUTTER- REVIEW

























10 gms for INR 75

Company Says: - The perfect lip balm for all seasons, this Vanilla flavored balm is a combination of ingredients straight from Nature’s lap. Fabindia's Fruity Vanilla Lip Butter is hydrating and moisturizing and this balm acts as a protective sheath to your lips, all day long.

Ingredients: - Cocoa Butter, Lanolin Anhydrous, Wheatgerm Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Castor Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprilic Capric Triglyceride, Sesame Oil, Vegetable Squalene, Beeswax, Kokum Butter, Olive Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fruity Vanilla Essence, Propyl Paraben, Butylated Hydroxyl Toluene

My Opinion: - My lips are mostly dry, especially in the winters. I need a good moisturizing lip balm even in the summers. This time I laid my hands on the Fabindia Fruity Vanilla Lip Butter.  The packaging is a put off for me as it comes in a small jar/tub and I find it unhygienic to dig into it every time. Ok now this jar/tub is very cute and the packaging is very basic. A transparent plastic jar with white plastic screw-on lid. It’s tiny enough to fit in most purses and in pockets too. Coming to the fragrance it smells yummy and irresistible. I keep applying it just because of the scent.






















             The texture is waxy but soft and smooth. It’s a bit on the heavier side and basically sits on my lips, only a little gets absorbed. It’s very moisturizing and keeps my lips soft and well hydrated. It stays in place and does not spread or bleed. One big problem is that lipstick/gloss slides off if used over this lip butter. I have to apply a thick layer on my lips as using just a tiny bit does nothing for my lips.

               The staying power of this lip butter is amazing, stay on 4-5 hours and keeps lips hydrated long after its gone.  The taste of this lip butter is yuck… very much like you are swallowing vanilla flavored wax/candle bits. It’s a must have for lip balm lovers/collectors. A great product for my dry kind of lips in any weather. But I don’t use this lip butter during the day if I have to go out because it lacks sun protection.



















Pros: -

* Yummy scent, the word vanilla sound magical to me

* Cheap at Rs 75 for 10 gms

* Very moisturizing, keeps my lips hydrated

* Lasting power is good at 4-5 hours

* This tiny cute jar fits in my pocket/purse easily





















Cons: -

* Packaging is unhygienic but attractive

* Does not contain Sun Protection

* Taste is horrible during the first few uses but later on I got the hang of it

* Available only Fabindia stores or in estores


               I rate this Fabindia Fruity Vanilla Lip Butter 4 out of 5. I deduct a point because of the cons first two cons being major and I can’t overlook them. Apart from the cons, it’s a must have for people who love lip balms/butters. I would prefer buying the other varieties from Fabindia because this tub will last me long. Fabindia please think about tube packaging if possible.

Hope you enjoyed reading this review; please do leave behind your precious comments. Thank you and have a great day ahead.

6 comments:

Ruby Parmar said...

I absolutely love vanilla.....n ur review has got me into buyin it online soooooon...tx fr the review dear :)

SS said...

Gr8 post !
would you like to follow each other?
xoxo <3
http://littlemisssinner.blogspot.in/

Beauty tips said...

Thanks for the review. Hope it would be useful for me. Keep writing and thanks for sharing..

beautydiva said...

@ ruby parmar- heya get it you wont regret.as for me i loveee it. welcome my dear and please let me know if you want to see something special in this place. thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@shanaya sinner- welcome to BDI and thank you for the comment. i shall follow you.

beautydiva said...

@beauty tips- welcome to BDI and thank you very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...