My Lovely Followers

Friday, June 29, 2012

MAYBELLINE CLEARGLOW BRIGHT BENEFIT CREAM- SWATCHES & REVIEW


























18 ml for INR 199

B.B 8-IN-1 SKIN TRANSFORMER
SPF 21 PA+++



Company Says: - Infused with a blend of good for you ingredients: talc, fairness complex, moisturizer and skin brightening minerals to deliver 8 skin-transforming benefits:

Brightens                                              Freshens
Evens Tone                                           Smoothes
Protects                                                 Clarifies
Hydrates                                                 Conceals Flaws
Dermatologist tested
Clinically proven
No oil
No pore clogging
Suitable for sensitive skin





























3 Shades with fragrance to suit your skin tone

01 Nude

02 Radiance

03 Natural


How to use:

Apply daily on face and neck.



Ingredients: - Sorry, don't want to stain my eyes :D



























My Opinion: - It was a happy moment when Maybelline launched their BB cream in India, I was about to get one for myself but just then I received a BB cream from the PR/Brand. They sent me the one in 02 Radiance, but right now I am using 01 Nude. I am quite happy with our first desi BB cream (correct me if I am wrong), I have been using this since early March I suppose. The packaging is aqua green plastic tube with metallic pink screw on cap and a nozzle to dispense enough cream you require. The packaging is travel friendly and sleek enough to fit any small purse.  The fragrance is very mild floral and does not linger on after application.
























              The consistency is thick, not runny, it’s somewhere in between a cream and a lotion. It looks like some cream foundation which my aunt used to apply, its tinted and available in 3 different shades. Anyways the shade 02 Radiance matched my fair to medium skin tone very well. This works on my skin like Pond’s Tinted Moisturiser, therefore I mentally compare it to the TM. Just a tiny bit is enough to cover my face and neck; I apply in dots and gently blend it into skin with my fingertips. It needs some time to blend in but that’s worth it. I have tried blending the BB cream with a damp sponge and a brush but I have finally learnt that fingertips works best for me. This cream contains SPF 21 and therefore I don’t need to apply layers and layers of products on my face.





















                 It looks whitish upon application but settles down to give a natural look which is even toned and bright. It might cover minor flaws but that’s it, nothing more as the coverage is sheer or minimum. It stays on for the whole day, yes you read it right. It makes my T zone shiny after 2-3 hours, but nothing a good loose powder can’t fix. Worst point is that it transfers to my cell phone screen, collars, hanky & tissues. I love it as this BB cream gives a soft dewy glow to my skin which is much loved by all of us. Don’t go on the quantity, it lasted me about a month + as very little is required for single application. It hasn’t broken me out as yet and has never irritated my skin.

NATURAL LIGHT (BLENDED)





















Pros: -

* Stays put whole day until I clean it off

* Evens out my skin, covers minor flaws

* Contains SPF 21

* Gives a dewy glow to my skin

* I don’t have to layer my skin with many different products as this BB cream contains everything that I need to apply every morning before heading to work

* Didn’t irritate my skin or broke me out

* Brightens my skin, rightly named Bright Benefit Cream

* Packaging is pretty, travel friendly and easy to carry in a small purse

* A small quantity is required so this tube lasts for more than a month

* Taking into consideration all the above mentioned qualities, the price tag of Rs 199 is affordable and worth paying

* Brightens up the under-eye area, I have light circles that don’t always need concealer or heavy coverage

FLASH (BLENDED)




















Cons: -

* Not sweat proof or water proof, melts off

* Transfers to everywhere it shouldn’t

* Very few shades available, Maybelline seems to have forgotten the dusky skinned girls (WHY???)

* Coverage is not good enough



                 I rate this Maybelline Clearglow Bright Benefit Cream 4.25 out of 5. It has become my on the go product since March and I use it whenever I am pressed for time. I love multitasking products and this one is just that. The girls with dry skin will love this but the girls with oily skin can manage with a little dusting of loose powder. Overall it’s a great product and I love it. Just a little wish that it gives a little more coverage.


Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with BB Creams. Thank you and have a good day :)



PRODUCT SENT BY BRAND/PR FOR CONSIDERATION

2 comments:

Nivedita said...

The mixed reviews kind of put me off. Now your review again is tempting me like anything :P

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- thank you dear, do give it a try. Use in lesser amounts for good results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...