My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

AVON ULTRA COLOR RICH LIPSTICK-SWATCHES & REVIEW

Mosaic Plum- Lip Swatch
AVON ULTRA COLOR RICH LIPSTICK-SWATCHES & REVIEW
3.6 gms INR 255

Company Says:- Instantly releases rich color that lasts for hours.
Creamy color that shapes n defines lips. Wider coverage for easier application. Non-feathering.

Ingredients:- Not Listed

My Opinion:- I didn't buy this lippie intently, I got it as part of an offer. I chose the shade Mosaic Plum, a jewel tone, which is purple with red undertones. I applied it everyday for a week and was partially satisfied with it.
Mosaic Plum
            This is a highly pigmented lipstick and a single coat gives my lips enough intensity. It has very subtle shimmer- good for me because I hate too much of shimmer on my face except for highlighter/illuminator. It is moisturisng enough for my dry/chapped lips and stays put without bleeding on my lips for 4-5 hours if I don't eat/drink. But then it looses some of its shine after I eat/drink and yes it stains mugs/glasses when I drink from them.
             It is a little drying towards the end of 3-4 hours if I don't use a base or lip balm under it. A coat of clear gloss corrects the problem and reapplication is not necessary, in case I don't use a base etc. I have to line my lips or the lippie feathers out at the corners of my lips, so I need to line my lips before applying this lipstick. But that's not a problem with me because I can touch up at will and fix any such thing. The name color rich is perfect because the color is so rich and I am happy with this lippie. Only if it had SPF & it, it would have been a perfect lipstick for me.
Mosaic Plum- Hand Swatch

Pros:- Highly pigmented, packaging is appealing, reasonably priced.



Cons :- Contains no SPF, stains glasses.

           
          I rate this product 3.5 out of 5 and I will try out some more shades as I am very happy with the high intensity color.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

Nivedita said...

Nice color. I got a Rose Dew which turned out to be a bright peachy coral.

beautydiva said...

Hi Nivedita, welcome to my blog. Yes that thing happens with most oriflame and avon shades. Catalogue shows wrong color- pathetic. Me too a victim of it :D

Nivedita said...

But the color was a real deal for me. I wish I came across your blog before

beautydiva said...

Ohhh now thats a great compliment. You can cross check the shades in their websites or the reps. also keep some testers...do check these out before investing your precious money :) Thanks very much dear

beautydiva said...

anonymous thanks very much. welcome to my blog and do keep coming back :)

Unknown said...

Hi! I read your review on this lipstick and thank you so much for this post. It really helped :) btw I started my beauty blog too>> http://diybeautytutorials.blogspot.com/

Your new follower :)

beautydiva said...

@krishna- welcome to the blogosphere. Thank you so much for following and appreciating my work. I will surely follow you back :)

Unknown said...

Your most welcome. I hope you like my posts :). I love your blog btw.

beautydiva said...

@krishna- thank you dear. I like your posts very much but havent gone through all of them. I will soon

all that i know said...

have started following u publicly...u were the first i stumbled upon on face book and sure i am enjoying this page. i have also started my teeny weeny bit of blogging
oriflameavon.blogspot.com
visit me and help me and guide me through..will u?

beautydiva said...

Hey welcome to blogosphere. Am right here when you need my help. And thank you soooo much for all the appreciation :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.love your blog.

Bright Lipstick

Amy said...

Avon has some good stuff but maybe this isn't one of their best items. I love their lip gloss. It isn't sticky at all. The elf lipsticks are nice and have SPF as well as their lip glosses so if you want you should give them a try. =)

beautydiva said...

@laura carter- welcome to BDI, thank you for all the appreciation :)

beautydiva said...

@amy- i love their glosses too, and then i am not a lipstick person. Thank you :)

Harris said...

But the color was a real deal for me. I wish I came across your blog before

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...