My Lovely Followers

Friday, October 8, 2010

Homemade Nail Polish

                Last week my mom was about to throw away a compact that didn't suit her and was sitting on her dresser for quite long. I went to its rescue and and brought it to my room because my heart breaks when I see makeup being discarded or neglected :-(
So I just kept looking at the compact and kept thinking to use it some how. Then I remembered reading somewhere that a girl used mineral foundation, that didn't match her skin color, as nail polish. And presto :D
I finally came up with the idea of using the compact instead of my mineral foundation which suits me. I scraped out a chunk and mashed it well to make a fine powder. When enough powder was produced, I took my clear coat nail polish, a small plastic platter and poured a small amount of clear polish and added a little powdered compact. I kept adding powder till I got a liquid resembling nail polish. Thereafter I hurriedly applied my newly concocted nail polish on my nails. You can see the ring and middle finger didn't get a nice smooth finish but the other 3 did. In this pic I didn't apply top coat but top coat is a must . If the powder is not smooth enough then you may get bumps like mine. Try it out and let me know. Bye Babes.

2 comments:

anamika said...

Hiee...

This is an interesting idea...It is not that smooth looking but idea of home made polish is fantastic..:)

beautydiva said...

Thanksssss... The powder wasnt very fine thats why uneven :-( but my toes were flawless :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...