* If you have dry skin, mix together Sandalwood Powder, Milk Cream (malai) and a pinch or 2 of Turmeric Powder. Use this on your face and neck daily. This will give a glow to your skin softening it in the process.
* Apply a solution of 1 pinch of Saffron and a spoonful of Unboiled milk with the help of a cotton pad, on your face and neck continuously for 15 days atleast. This helps to clear up your complexion.
* Another recipe for dry skin, soak 1 tsp red Masoor Dal in a little milk overnight. Make a coarse paste a in the morning and apply on your face and neck for 20 mins and wash off. Substitute milk with rose water for oily skin.
* If you have oily skin, soak a little Moong Dal in unboiled milk and make a coarse paste. Use this paste on your face, neck and nape for 10 mins and gently scrub off. Wash and use your regular lotion. Scrubbing removes the dead cells from the surface of the skin and adds an instant glow.
* Another recipe for oily skin to make their skin glowing, mix together 1 tsp orange peel powder, 1 tsp fenugreek seed powder and a little orange juice. Apply on your face, neck and nape and scrub off when it dries.
* Take half piece ripe banana, mash it and add a little cucumber juice and apply on your face and neck. Keep it on for 30 mins and wash off.
* Mix together 1 tsp potato juice, a few drops of mosambi juice and few drops of cucumber juice, apply on your face and neck. Wash off after 20 mins.
* Soak 2 almonds in milk overnight, make paste in the morning and apply on your face and neck. Scrub off after 30 mins. Good for dry as well as normal skin.
* For bright and glowing body (skin), mix together besan and pure mustard oil. Apply on full body for 30 mins and scrub off. Once a week is good enough.
* Apply a mixture of honey and lemon juice on your face and neck. Keep it on for 15 mins and wash off. Honey is a powerful natural moisuriser and lemon is a natural bleach and astringent.