Hi, I am Beautydiva and I love all things beauty :) I also love reading and writing.... And my blog's an outcome of a combination of my 'Love Interests'. Here I am going to share with you beauty related info, be it skincare, body-care, haircare, nail-care/art, makeup looks and tricks and lotssssss more... Hope you babes enjoy it all :)
Hi Babes, a facial has three major steps- 1. Cleansing 2. Nourishing and 3. Toning. Regular facial ensure a smooth and even complexion with no black or white heads. Apart from the facial treatments you get for yourselves in the beauty parlour take out time every week to pamper your skin with this low cost treatment that can be done by yourself at home with products from your kitchen. Cleanse your face and neck with raw milk if you have dry skin or use rosewater if you have oily or sensitive skin. Soak a cotton ball in milk or rosewater and clean face and neck with it.
Moisturizing or Nourishing can be done with a mixture of 2 tsps of honey and lemon juice for oily skin, 2 tsps each of honey and milk cream for dry skin and 2 tsps of milk cream and 2 drops of almond oil for sensitive skin. Massage your face and neck with the mixture that is applicable to your skin type. Leave on for 5 mins and wash off with tepid water.
Deep Cleansing is the next step. It has to be done to remove black as well as white heads and to slough off dead skin. For oily skin take 2 tsps of dalia (broken wheat), a few drops of lemon juice, 1tsp of gramflour and required amount of cold milk. For dry and sensitive skins replace the lemon juice with rose water. Apply on your face and neck and gently scrub off the mixture when semi-dry. Be extra cautious in case of sensitive skin. Wash off with cool water.
To firm up your facial muscles and tighten up the skin use a face pack. For oily skin mix together 2 tsps of fuller's earth, half a tsp each of lemon juice and honey and adequate amount of water. For dry skin replace lemon juice with almond oil if you wish and for sensitive skin replace lemon juice as well as honey with rosewater and a few drops of almond oil. Apply on your face and neck and wash off when the pack feels dry. Now is the time to close pores of your skin. Pour rosewater into ice tray and let ice cubes form. Take a rosewater ice cube and rub it all over your face and neck for a couple of mins as the finishing step to this easy and effective home facial. This will close and shrink off all the pores and give your skin a porcelian look and feel. Take sometime off your busy schedule and give a little caring to your skin at home with natural/organic products off your kitchen shelf. Your skin will benefit in the long run. Now that the month of September is nearly gone its time to get serious with the festivities that comes alongside of winter.
We all want our hair to be healthy, thick and lustrous. Our hair is an integral part of our beauty. So we should never neglect it. Today I have a few hairs aids to achieve a headful of glorious mane. A hot oil massage followed by steaming, twice a week is the main step to caring for your mane.Apply oil on segments of hair at night before hitting bed so that the oil gets adequate time to work on your mane. Shampoo off in the morning. A good homemade oil for all kinds of hair is as follows-
3 tbsp of castor oil, 3tbsp of coconut oil, 3 tbsp of olive oil, 3 tbsp of sesame oil. Take required quantity and add a few drops of lemon juice and holy basil leaves, warm it and apply on your hair. Shampoo hair with a homemade egg shampoo every week. Take an egg, 1tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of your shampoo, 1/2 a cup of water and few drops of your favorite essential oil. Blend well and use on hair like a shampoo. Wash off after sometimes. Apply this shampoo on damp hair. The result of using this shampoo regularly is thick and shiny hair. Another homemade shampoo is a paste made out of soapnut and hibiscus flowers and leaves. Grind the 2 together with required amount of water and use as a shampoo.
Nothing can beat henna when it comes to conditioning your hair. It makes hair thick, shiny and healthy. Make a paste of- 4 tbsp of henna powder, 4 tbsp of amla powder ( Indian gooseberry), 1 tbsp tulsi (holy basil leaves), 2 tbsp of glycerin, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp orange peel powder, 2 eggs and required amount of strong tea solution. Mix well and apply on hair and leave it on for 45 mins and shampoo off. To arrest hair fall make a paste of- 5 tbsp of fenugreek seeds, 5 tbsp of amla powder (Indian gooseberry), 5 tbsp of brahmi leaves ( bacopa monnieri or water hyssop), 5 tbsp of coconut water, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp mint leaves, 2 eggs, a little honey and curd as required. Blend in a liquidizer and apply on hair for 45 mins. If you do this regularly your hair will become smooth, shiny, lustrous and regrow thickly.
A nourishing pack for your hair- Take 5 tbsp of sandalwood powder, 5 tbsp of henna powder, 2 tsp of clove powder, 5 tbsp of ground mint leaves, 5 tbsp of fuller's earth and mix with adequate amount of strong tea solution. Mix well and apply on your hair for 1 hour and wash off with water. An after shampoo rinse for thick and lustrous hair is as follows-
boil a handful each of curry leaves and mint leaves in a mug of water. Allow it to cooland add half a lemon's juice. Pour it over your shampooed hair and leave on for 5-10 mins. Rinse well with plain water till hair is clean. Also a mug of tea solution with half a lemon's juice can be used as a last rinse after shampooing for shiny hair. A quarter cup of cider vinegar in a mug of water can be used as a last rinse. It makes hair shiny and manageable. But use vinegar sparingly on your hair because it can be drying. Remember to be gentle with your hair and treat it as you would treat your skin.That's it for now..... Bye Babes
Hi Beauties, oily skin always tends to break out and create problems in the worst of times. Pimples, large pores, greasy and dull appearance are its main features. But did you know oily skin tends to age slower compared to dry skin. Well then its a boon if we take good care to reduce irritating breakouts, large pores etc.
* Mix together 2tsps of fullers earth, 3 drops of clove oil, a pinch of camphor and enough rose water to make a paste of toothpaste consistency. Apply on your face on alternate days, let it dry and wash off.
* Mix together 2tsps each of margosa leaves paste, sandalwood powder, rice powder, green pea powder, half a tsp of camphor and enough rose water to make a paste. Apply on your face and let dry and scrub it off. Repeat on alternate days.
* Mix together 2 tsps each of red lentil powder, wheat flour, sandal wood powder, half a tsp of camphor and enough rose water to make a paste. Apply on face, let dry and scrub off. Repeat every alternate day.
* Beat a little curd well and add 2 drops of lemon juice, mix well. Now apply this mixture to your face and keep it on till 20 mins. Wash off.
* Tomatoes are good for oily skin. Mash a tomato and apply all over face. Leave it on for 15 mins and wash off. Tomatoes are acidic in nature and removes the greasiness and shrinks the pores.
* Mash 2-3 strawberries and apply on your face. Leave it on for 15-20 mins. Wash off. Strawberries are acidic in nature and hence cuts the oiliness.
* Take a few grapes and make a pulp out of it. Apply on your face and leave on till 15 mins. Wash off. This will tighten the pores and cuts the grease.
* Chop a small piece of cucumber with its green skin intact. Make a pulp in the liquidizer and apply on your face. Leave it on for about 20 mins and wash off. This removes oiliness and hydrates the skin.
* Apply mashed papaya for few minutes on your face and wash off. Helps to keep acne at bay.
* Drinking lots of water, avoiding fatty and spicy food and meditating are essentials of maintaining a good skin without problems.
Hi Beauties, Winter is just round the corner. It brings with it the festive season and weddings of course. Therefore it can be understood how important it is to look your best during this time. But alongside it brings dryness, both of skin and hair. So this winter let's not panic and work our way towards a moist and dewy complexion.
* Twice a week internally take a tbsp of raw turmeric juice. Also make a paste with 1 tsp fresh milk cream and 1 tsp raw turmeric juice, apply it on your face and neck. Wash off with tepid water after 10-15 mins. This paste can be on your entire body including hands and legs. It makes the skin smooth and satiny. Better done at nights before hitting the bed.
* Grate a carrot and add to it a little raw milk if you have normal or oily skin or add milk cream if you have dry skin, now use it on your face and neck for 15 mins. Wash off with tepid water. This will reduce dryness as well as roughness of your skin if done twice or thrice a week.
* Take 1 tbsp of cucumber juice, 2 drops of lemon juice and mix it well. Now apply it on your face and neck with a cotton pad soaked in it. Leave on for 30 mins and wash off, done regularly your skin will acquire a glow.
* Take 1 tsp olive oil and add to the white of an egg, beat well and apply on face and neck. When it feels dry, wash off with warm water and sprinkle your face and neck with cool water. This pack can be used 3 times a week and can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
* For mellowed skin, before taking your bath use on your face and neck a mixture of 1 tsp honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Keep it on for 15 mins and wash off with warm water.
* Treat your whole body with a paste made of 1 tbsp each gram-flour and milk cream. Also add a little turmeric paste to it and apply on your face, neck and full body. Keep it on for 15-20 mins and bathe.
* Massage your body regularly with either mustard oil or almond oil before taking bath. It will make the skin smooth and glowing. Its better not to use a soap on dry skin but instead use those moisturising body washes available at beauty stores.
* Every night before hitting the bed massage the face and neck with a good quality massage cream and add a drop of lemon juice to it if you have oily skin. Also instead of massaging cream a mixture of fresh milk cream and a few drops of lemon juice can be used to massage your face and neck.
* Not to forget your feet, every night soak your feet in basin of warm water. Add to it a little foot/pedicure shampoo. After a few mins brush off the dead skin on the heels, clean nails also. Now take another basin of warm water and add to it a few drops of mustard oil or olive oil. Dip feet in it for sometimes. Take out and dry with a towel properly. Rub in a rich foot cream and give a gentle massage, wear socks and jump into bed. Vaseline can well be used instead of foot cream.
Just set aside a little time for yourself and pamper your skin this winter. Drink lots of water to keep yourself well hydrated.
Hi Beauties, am back with another day look and its simple yet very gorgeous. The use of luminizer and shimmer is abundant here, yet this look tends to give you a fresh and dewy glow. So here's how to go about it.
Start with a good base, apply a cream foundation in dots all over face and neck. Spread with moist sponge and blend properly into the skin. Prep up your face with a primer after cleansing it well.
Set with a face powder using brush or dab on with a puff on face as well as neck for that spotless and radiant look.
Prep up your eyelids with a primer to make eyeshadow colors stand out. Now apply light blue color on both the inner and outer corners of your eyes in an inverted V shape. After this apply an iridescent white shadow on the eyelids and blend in with the light blue shadow so that no harsh lines are prominent.
Line the upper lids with a shimmery blue pencil and add a coat of transparent mascara after curling eye lashes. Also give a nice shape to your brows.
Apply a shimmery natural blusher like pink, use an angled brush to place it below your cheekbones. Now apply a luminizer on cheekbones, brow-bones, tip of nose, chin and just a dash of it on your forehead but remember not to overdo this. If you don't have a luminizer use a luminous beige or cream color blusher for that gorgeous dewy look.
Prime up your lips after exfoliating it to remove dead skin and make it smooth. To pull up this look either use a shimmery nude lipstick with a clear gloss or a shimmery nude gloss alone.
Finally look into the mirror and see yourself well, if your face and neck's complexion looks alike, looks dewy and has a fresh glow to it then yessss.... you are done. Now get ready for all the compliments when you walk into the party. You will surprise your friends with this daytime party look.
Hi Beauties, am back again with another simple day look. This look can be called a nude look as it accentuates your features without being loud. So here are the steps you need to follow to get this look.
1. Apply liquid foundation using a brush or moist sponge and blend it into your skin.
2. Cover up spots and dark areas with the help of a concealer using a brush, blend very well.
3. Set with a translucent powder using the fluffiest powder brush you have.
4. Now apply sand or beige shadow on the sockets of your eyes and blend away. Highlight the brow bones with a white or cream shadow.
5. Line your upper lids with a black powder eye shadow using a flat liner brush, also add a thin line of the black shadow below lower lashes, join the two lines at the outer corner and smudge a little.
6. Coat the upper lashes twice with a black mascara after using a lash curler.
7. Now apply a light natural pink blusher below your cheekbones with an angled brush and add a dash of cream highlighter on the apple of your cheeks, chin, tip of nose and forehead. Blend with a kabuki brush.
8. Outline and fill in your lips with a soft pink lip liner. Now fill in your lips with a mixture of nude pink and beige lipsticks, using a fine lip brush. Matte it down with a tissue and reapply lipstick onto your lips once again.
This look suits fair to medium skin tones. So try it out and please do let me know. Next post will be about a daytime subtle party look with hints of shimmer. This is all I have for today, till we meet again.... Byeee
For the day your makeup really needs to be soft and subtle or better still you can opt for the no-makeup look. It should appear like even, spotless and matte complexion which is considered ideal in the beauty world. The colors selected for your eyes should be neutral, dull and flimsy, also follow the same with lipstick as well. But before putting on your makeup remember to go through your CTM (Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing) routine because makeup comes out well on a clean well moisturized skin. So let's begin with a very basic look.
1. Start with a light weight liquid foundation to even out your complexion, blend well with a moist sponge.
2. Now line your upper eyelids thickly with a dull pink cosmetic pencil, smudge a little with an eyeshadow brush or fingertips.
3. Dust translucent powder all over face and eyelids with a fluffy brush.
4. Next take a light pink pearly shadow and apply on sockets and blend away, use the same shadow to highlight the brow bones.
5. Define your brows. Curl your lashes and apply a single coat of brown mascara.
6. Use the same dull pink pencil on the cheekbones as blusher and blend away with fingertips.
7.Outline and fill in your lips with the dull pink pencil again. Top with a pearly pink lip gloss. Looks good on fair skin.
Other one color wonders - Soft Browns, Peaches, Pale Mauves to name a few. So Babes that's it for today, hope you all like this look and try it out. And please do let me know how it came out. Byeee
Hair care is so very important because without beautiful tresses to frame our faces our beauty will be incomplete. As you all know hair can be divided into 4 types, namely dry, oily, normal and combination.
Dry hair needs extra attention and extra care. Your hair becomes dry due to many factors, lack of care, pollution, ailment, using too much hair dryer, to name a few.
Dry hair often gets split ends and roughness. A massage with warm oil is the first step to caring for it. Remember not to go outdoors with oil on your hairs, you may acquire a reddish dirty look to it.
1. A homemade oil recipe for dry and rough hair- * 1 cup each of olive oil, sesame oil, castor oil and coconut oil mixed together. * Store in a bottle or can. * Just before using add a few fresh mint leaves and basil to the oil, warm it a little and apply onto roots and ends and also the length of your hairs. * Massage gently for 5 mins and steam your hair with a hot towel. * Repeat steaming with towel for 15/20 mins and let the oil sit on your scalp for a few minutes. * This will result in good blood circulation, repeat this entire process 2/3 times a week. * If done regularly the results will be amazing.
2. Shampoo your hair thereafter, use a mild herbal shampoo. Try not to use detergent based shampoos as those can be dry out your hair.Use a suitable conditioner specially on the ends and length of your hair. Towel dry and avoid hair dryers whenever possible.
3. A hair pack to soften and nourish your hairs- take the yolk of an egg, 2tsp each of coconut and olive oils and 1 tbsp of curd, mix well and apply on your hair for an hour. Wash off with soap-nut or a mild herbal shampoo. After shampooing rinse your hair with a solution of tea water and add 2 tsp of white vinegar. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse your hair with clean water. Hair will become very soft and manageable after this treatment.
4. Use a wide toothed comb and use a detangler regularly, eat lots of green veggies and fresh fruits. 5. Meditate if possible. Also a regular exercise regime can help with your hair, take an additional multivitamin capsule, after consulting your doctor. 6. Also cod-liver oil capsules are said to help in conditions of dry hair but consult your doctor. 7. Last but not the least, be happy and stay calm....... its good for beauty. Bye for now Beauties....
Hi Beauties, am back with anti-wrinkle treatments as I had promised earlier. Like I said prevention is better than cure, trust me it really is. But if wrinkles have already started showing up on your face...... well you can always try to cure it. Here I have for you today a few anti wrinkles recipes for you all.
1. Keep the skin well moisturized at all times, massage pure almond oil into the skin with gentle upward and outward strokes. Instead pierce a vitamin E capsule and squeeze out the oil and use it on your face. Let your skin soak up the goodness of the oil and wash off, better done at night. Be regular and see the difference.
2. Another way is to massage the skin daily with a mixture of honey and almond oil. Leave it on for a good 20-30 mins before washing off with tepid water. the wrinkles will disappear soon.
3. Massage your face with a mixture of honey and raw milk twice a day for one week to ease out fine lines.
4. Make a paste of milk powder, honey, almond paste and apply on your face for 20 mins. Use this 2-3 times a week and see the benefits for yourself.
5. Make a pack with sandal powder, lemon peel powder, oatmeal, honey and rose water. Apply on face for 20 mins, when dry dab with milk and scrub off gently and wash off. This treatment will polish the skin and iron out the wrinkles.
6. Massage your face gently with a mixture of 2 tsp honey and a pinch of powdered camphor, wash off after 15 mins.
7. Soak a cotton ball/pad in raw milk and apply to your face and let it dry and wash off . Milk is a natural moisturizer.
8. Collect rice starch, the water in which rice has been boiled, and apply on your face after massaging with almond oil. Let it dry and wash off with cold water. It helps tighten skin, remove wrinkles and clean it in one go.
9. Mash a banana and add a tsp of honey, mix well and apply on your face daily. Wash off after 20 mins. It nourishes and moisturizes your skin.
10. Beat the white of an egg till it is stiff. Massage face with a good quality oil and brush in the egg white on to your face and neck. Let it dry completely before washing off. Do this every alternate day for about 10 days. You will get remarkable results.
Be regular and enjoy the difference in your skin. Try out the recipes and please lemme know. Till we meet again, byeee...
Hi Babes, following the skincare tips today i will write about 10 Ways to beat wrinkles. Wrinkles can add years to your face. The market is flooded with tons of anti-wrinkle products but I personally believe that prevention is better than cure. Read on for the simple yet effective tips.
1. Protect your skin from the sun. Sun rays help form wrinkles. Before going out in the sun apply a layer of sunscreen on face and neck and gently spread with soft strokes using a brush or sponge. In all weather, every season, at all times wear a sunscreen before an outing.
2. Stop smoking. The skin around the mouth is prone to laugh lines and wrinkles. Smoking will speed up the process, so quit smoking if you want to stay young.
3. Deep cleanse the skin. Apply cleanser on your face and neck in dots and spread all over, massage gently. Keep on for a few minutes and remove with a damp cotton ball. Remember to wash your hands clean before massaging.
4. Deep moisturizing is the next step. Apply a rich moisturizer on dots all over your face and neck, use a brush or fingertips to spread on damp skin. Massage with gentle upward and outward stokes. Leave on for 5 to 10 mins and remove excess with a damp cotton ball. Instead of moisturizer any nourishing cream can be used. 5. Boost the circulation of your skin. Take a coin sized amount of face wash and add a little water to it. Smear it all over your face and neck. Now lather it with a gentle face brush or simply use a gent's shaving brush, exfoliate with soft hands. Alternately, use a facial scrub once a week for that healthy rosy glow. Take a little scrub and gently massage it onto your damp face and neck. Wash off and pat dry. 6. Pamper regularly. Facials are your best bet to pamper your skin, get it done regularly or do it yourself at home. Every week apply a suitable face pack on face and neck. 7. Be weather vain. In hot weather use light products and in cold weather use rich and heavy preparations. 8. Be gentle. While applying anything on your face be it soap, lotion, pack, scrub etc be very very gentle. Being rough with your skin can cause severe damage. 9. Disguise the already formed lines on your face. Cover up with a white or yellow concealer. Apply using a brush under eye-area and around mouth-area. Blend well.
10. Clever makeup. Apply foundation after properly priming your face, primer hides wrinkles to some extent. Top it off with a light translucent power using a fluffy brush.
Hope these tips help you to beat those ugly wrinkles. Organic anti-wrinkle recipes in the next post... Till then byeeeee
Hi Babes, after caring for your nails its high time you get a few skin care tips. Mostly blogs and sites tell you the dos but today I will tell you ten don'ts for super skin.
1. Don't be grumpy. Start the day with a smile, look at the mirror and give a big smile to yourself. Anger, tension, depression, making faces etc spoils beauty.
2. Don't sleep with makeup on your skin. If you do that your skin will become dull and lifeless, pimples and blackheads will follow. Properly clean your skin before heading to bed.
3. Don't go after junk food. Avoid cakes, pastries, chips, spicy food and cold drinks all together. Eat fresh veggies and fruits.
4. Don't imitate others. Just because your friend like a particular lotion/cream don't go out to buy it. Because it may have worked for her but it might not work for your skin in the same way. So consider your skin type before buying it, try it out at the cosmetic counter if possible. If the lotion/cream suits your skin and fulfills your requirements then buy it.
5. Avoid exposing your skin to the sun-rays. Use a good quality sunscreen cream/lotion on all exposed parts before going out in the sun. Wrap a scarf to protect your hair and also wear shades to protect your peepers.
6. Don't tug your skin. Don't stretch or pull it. Don't press black and whiteheads, it may injure and damage your skin. Always be gentle.
7. Avoid short cuts. First cleanse your skin, wash it. Secondly use a toner to close pores and finally moisturize your skin. Keep aside 10 minutes each in the morning and at night for yourself.
8. Avoid wrong massage strokes as it will do more harm than good. You may get get wrinkles and the skin structure may be destroyed. Most people use a massage cream to moisten the skin for massage, the best thing will be to apply it with upward-outward strokes. Correct application will help in massaging.
9. Don't talk when you have a face mask on. You may get wrinkles and fine lines to start off. It also affects the elasticity of skin.
10. Don't wash your face with hot water not even in winters. Use tepid water, neither hot nor cold. Always remember your skin is very soft and you need to pamper it as much as you can.
Now this is all I have for now. And Babes if you can come out with any more Don'ts please share with me. Bye for now :)
Hi Babes, today again I come up with nail tips. Applying nail polish is an art. Keeping it chip-free for a long time and protecting nails as well is a big chore.So lets get started on it-
1. Shaping is the first step. Round or square is your preference but square is in. Cut to desired length and give shape with a file. Don't use the file like a saw with to and fro motions, file in one direction only. Avoid metal files as it can leave micro cracks on the nail tips.
2. Priming- Just like you prep up your face, eyes and lips before makeup with primers so also you need to prep your nails before applying color on them. A base coat is the answer to it as it protects nails from getting stained with dark polishes and also helps color to glide on smoothly over nails.If you have ridges on your nails ans they look uneven on the surface apply a ridge filler over the base coat or alone. Nail polish will look even.
3. Shaking the nail polish bottle is a must before applying it. But don't shake it the conventional way up and down in the air. Instead place it between palms upright and roll it gently, the cover will remain clean this way.
4. Paint the nails one by one leaving the thumbs. Remember the first coat is not as important as the second or final coat of color. Remove unwanted color from sides of nails and under it. Use a Q tip soaked in nail polish remover to clean up extra color but be extra cautious a little mistake can mar your entire nail.
5. T method for the thumbs. Apply color from side to side on tips and then apply a straight line on the middle. It should look like a 'T' when done. Fill in the color carefully with two strokes on both sides of the thumbs. This is for the primary coat of color. Can be done on all nails.
6. Let nail polish dry well and be patient.
7. Top Coat is the finishing step. Apply top coat over dried nail polish to keep the color from fading and chipping. Top coat also gives protection against scratches. Use a quick drying formula for speeding up the drying process.
8. Apply the Top coat couple of times through the week for chip-free and fresh looking polished nails.
9. After all this hard work is done remember to wear gloves when washing and cleaning.
With this I wrap up for the day. And do comment on my tips.Will be back soon Babes :) Byeeee